Author Topic: ‘Rust’ Script Supervisor’s Lawsuit Hearing Pushed To Late September; Judge Says It Can Seek Punitive  (Read 540 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Deadline By Dominic Patten 8/3/2022

‘Rust’ Script Supervisor’s Lawsuit Hearing Pushed To Late September; Judge Says It Can Seek Punitive Damages – Update

UPDATED, 1:00 PM: Today’s scheduled hearing for Rust script supervisor Mamie Mitchell’s lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and other producers has been rescheduled for September 28. Judge Michael E. Whitaker moved the hearing to give the plaintiff the option and time to file an amended complaint.

Mitchell, who was standing next to cinematographer Halyna Hutchins when Hutchins was fatally shot with a prop weapon fired by the actor in October. Mitchell alleges extensive negligence on the New Mexico set and that the scene Baldwin was rehearsing never called for him to fire the weapon.

PREVIOUSLY, May 27: A Superior Court judge in Los Angeles has ruled that Mamie Mitchell, the script supervisor who was standing next to cinematographer Halyna Hutchins when she was fatally shot with a prop weapon fired by actor Alec Baldwin on the Rust film set, can seek punitive damages from some of the producers who sought to have the damages stricken.

Judge Michael Whitaker heard arguments Thursday and ruled in favor of Mitchell and against defendants Rust Movie Productions LLC, Thomasville Pictures LLC, Ryan Smith and Langley Cheney.

“For pleading purposes, the court finds the first amended complaint alleges facts sufficient to establish despicable conduct carried out by moving defendants with a willful and conscious disregard of the rights or safety of others,” the judge wrote.

More: https://deadline.com/2022/08/alec-baldwin-lawsuit-rust-producers-dismiss-fatal-shooting-mamie-mitchell-gloria-allred-1234919067/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Alec Baldwin 'Rust' shooting prosecutors still awaiting 'forensic testing' before criminal charges decision

By Tracy Wright | Fox News 8/4/2022

"To date, my office has received portions of the Rust investigation from SFSO but is still awaiting the balance of supplemental reports including, but not limited to, the following: FBI firearm and tool mark analyses, forensic testing on the firearm itself, the forensic download from Suffolk County PD of Mr. Baldwin’s phone, and the pathology report from the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator," she wrote.

"Once SFSO receives those—and any other outstanding items—and completes its supplemental reports, the screening process will begin, and my team and I will make a charging decision. To expedite the FJDA review process, I have added retired Ninth Judicial District Attorney, Andrea Reeb to the team, as a special prosecutor for this case. To remain transparent to the local and national community, the FJDA will proactively disseminate information as it becomes available."

More: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-prosecutors-awaiting-forensic-testing-before-criminal-charges-decision

Offline verga

Alec Baldwin 'Rust' shooting prosecutors still awaiting 'forensic testing' before criminal charges decision

By Tracy Wright | Fox News 8/4/2022

"To date, my office has received portions of the Rust investigation from SFSO but is still awaiting the balance of supplemental reports including, but not limited to, the following: FBI firearm and tool mark analyses, forensic testing on the firearm itself, the forensic download from Suffolk County PD of Mr. Baldwin’s phone, and the pathology report from the New Mexico Office of the Medical Investigator," she wrote.

"Once SFSO receives those—and any other outstanding items—and completes its supplemental reports, the screening process will begin, and my team and I will make a charging decision. To expedite the FJDA review process, I have added retired Ninth Judicial District Attorney, Andrea Reeb to the team, as a special prosecutor for this case. To remain transparent to the local and national community, the FJDA will proactively disseminate information as it becomes available."

More: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-prosecutors-awaiting-forensic-testing-before-criminal-charges-decision
Translation, how do we provide cover for a famous lib
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.