Author Topic: Bronx street boxing aims to end shootings with illegal bouts, booze and booty  (Read 445 times)

Online Kamaji

Real fight club: Bronx street boxing aims to end shootings with illegal bouts, booze and booty

By Griffin Kelly
August 6, 2022

We’re breaking the first and second rules of fight club.

The Post got a firsthand look at Rumble in the Bronx (RBX), an underground promotion that makes its money on amateur bloodlust, liquor and erotic dancing girls – which organizers insist doubles as a community safety project.

“I’m not a huge fan of people beating each other up, but this was pretty well orchestrated,” said Penny Lee, a professional webcam girl who twerked between rounds as audience members made it rain with wads of singles. “It was a cool, safe environment.”

Whether it’s a deli, a self-storage pod or the back of an 18-wheeler, the secret locations for RBX shows are always changing. The most recent venue was a Hunts Point junkyard where security checked IDs and patted people down for weapons.

Weed dealers were invited inside to sell strains called alien breath, jelly donut and captain cake. A merch station run out of a minibus hawked RBX T-shirts. A local woman supplied chicken and cheeseburger empanadas for $5 a piece.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/06/bronx-street-boxing-aims-to-end-shootings-with-booze-and-booty/

Online Kamaji

I'm sure that'll end well.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Was Snake Plissken there?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'm sure that'll end well.
:silly: I'm sure that illegal fights with illegal betting and no doubt drugs along with booze will not result in shootings or knifings among the mostly peaceful observants.

Online Kamaji

:silly: I'm sure that illegal fights with illegal betting and no doubt drugs along with booze will not result in shootings or knifings among the mostly peaceful observants.

:silly: