Author Topic: Now that PACT Act has passed, how soon will veterans see their benefits?  (Read 206 times)

rebewranger

Now that PACT Act has passed, how soon will veterans see their benefits?
By Leo Shane III
 Thursday, Aug 4

Activist John Feal speaks during a news conference at the U.S. Capitol after the Senate passed the PACT Act on Aug. 2. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Just moments after the Senate finalized a military toxic exposure bill that could benefit millions of veterans, activist John Feal issued a warning to the crowd of advocates celebrating outside the Capitol about the moment they had been lobbying for and dreaming about for years:

“The hard part hasn’t begun.”

Feal — who spent years as one of the lead advocates to award federal benefits to Sept. 11 victims, first responders and their families — said work to make sure those payouts and resources are properly funded and administered continues to this day. He cautioned that even well-written bills don’t always mean an easy transition to getting people the help they need.

“Getting a bill passed is easy, you just have to beat up the Senate and the House,” Feal said. “These people behind me, they have to take that and make sure Congress and the VA now do the right thing.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/burn-pits/2022/08/04/now-that-the-pact-act-passed-how-soon-will-veterans-see-their-benefits/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:28:00 am by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

About the same time I reenlist, and I'll be 75 in October. :tongue2: