Author Topic: San Bernardino County secession measure moves forward, added to November ballot  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
ABC7 8/4/2022

San Bernardino County voters will get a chance to vote on whether they want the county to secede from California.

The county Board of Supervisors voted Wednesday to put the measure on the November 2022 ballot.

Many people who spoke at the board's regular meeting said they believe the county is missing out on revenue it deserves.

If successful, the longshot plan would create the first new state since Hawaii was granted statehood in 1959.

On July 26, Rancho Cucamonga businessman Jeff Burum asked the Board of Supervisors to put the advisory measure on the ballot.

"It's time for our citizens to stand up and say enough is enough," he said at the time.

More: https://abc7.com/san-bernardino-county-secede-california-empire/12097709/

Offline Hoodat

There is one thing in this world that Democrats have never done, and that is to grant freedom to slaves.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A leading California secession advocate got funding and direction from Russian intelligence agents, US government alleges

Insider Charles R. Davis Aug 2, 2022

https://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-movement-was-backed-by-russia-us-alleges-2022-7

•   Russia "exercised direction or control" over the California secession movement, a federal indictment says.

•   A Russian national with ties to the FSB is accused of providing funds and advice to the group.

•   The group's founder has not been charged with a crime and denies wrongdoing.

Marinelli, a right-wing activist who previously campaigned against LGBTQ rights, framed California nationhood in terms of competing values — and, at the time, said he'd had a change of heart on issues such as gay rights (his Twitter timeline, today, has reverted to largely conservative causes). In a country led by President Donald Trump, this liberal bastion, he said, should not have to answer to reactionaries in Washington, DC.

It was a cause he cared so much about that he left his home in Yekaterinburg, some 1,000 miles outside Moscow, to fight for it.

"I enjoyed my life in Russia," Marinelli told The Sacramento Bee, "but something I care deeply about is California independence."

More at link.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
New State or join Arizona?  I prefer they get a new state.  It would probably add two GOP Senators.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A leading California secession advocate got funding and direction from Russian intelligence agents, US government alleges

Insider Charles R. Davis Aug 2, 2022

https://www.businessinsider.com/california-secession-movement-was-backed-by-russia-us-alleges-2022-7

•   Russia "exercised direction or control" over the California secession movement, a federal indictment says.

•   A Russian national with ties to the FSB is accused of providing funds and advice to the group.

•   The group's founder has not been charged with a crime and denies wrongdoing.

Marinelli, a right-wing activist who previously campaigned against LGBTQ rights, framed California nationhood in terms of competing values — and, at the time, said he'd had a change of heart on issues such as gay rights (his Twitter timeline, today, has reverted to largely conservative causes). In a country led by President Donald Trump, this liberal bastion, he said, should not have to answer to reactionaries in Washington, DC.

It was a cause he cared so much about that he left his home in Yekaterinburg, some 1,000 miles outside Moscow, to fight for it.

"I enjoyed my life in Russia," Marinelli told The Sacramento Bee, "but something I care deeply about is California independence."

More at link.

Russia Russia Russia??  Not this chit again.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

All Californians aren't homogeneous SF-Bersekeley lunatics? Who knew? yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All Californians aren't homogeneous SF-Bersekeley lunatics? Who knew? yogi555

I had a pretty good idea.  Needles is in SB County and they declared themselves a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary even before my AZ County did.  No stories about them being upbraided by the County.

I would not be surprised if the coastal areas are the only left-wing enclaves.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

I had a pretty good idea.  Needles is in SB County and they declared themselves a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary even before my AZ County did.  No stories about them being upbraided by the County.

I would not be surprised if the coastal areas are the only left-wing enclaves.

Close. Gooberment people probably make Sacramento County more left than right, and gooberment people plus UC Davis people probably make neighboring Yolo County more left than right.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Close. Gooberment people probably make Sacramento County more left than right, and gooberment people plus UC Davis people probably make neighboring Yolo County more left than right.

Sorta like Northern VA....
I will NOT comply.