Author Topic: Labor Sec’y Walsh Pushes Back Against Recession Talks — ‘If We Were in a Recession, Companies Would  (Read 443 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Labor Sec’y Walsh Pushes Back Against Recession Talks — ‘If We Were in a Recession, Companies Would Be Laying People Off Rather than Hiring Them’

Trent Baker 5 Aug 2022

Labor Secretary Marty Walsh on Friday argued against talks of a recession following the U.S. economy reportedly adding 528,000 jobs in July and the unemployment rate falling to 3.5%.

Walsh told “CNN Newsroom” that if the United States were “in a recession, companies would be laying people off rather than hiring them.”

“[C]ertainly something out there today we’re hearing, if we were in a recession, companies would be laying people off rather than hiring them,” Walsh asserted. “We saw people hiring … in big numbers, obviously. I think that a lot of companies are still growing; a lot of companies are still adding people on. We have seen all the jobs that were lost pre-pandemic recovered from the pandemic. We saw the unemployment rate at 3.5% today — the day before the pandemic was 3.6%, so we’re seeing lowering numbers there, and we’re seeing people go back to work.”

“In certain areas, we’re seeing education, local education numbers going higher, we’re seeing retail up, and manufacturing, quite honestly, is probably for me one of the most exciting, biggest surprises we have because we have seen not just that industry recover since the pandemic, but we have seen that go beyond that,” he continued. “And then now, with the CHIPS bill that the president will sign into law next week, we’re going to have the opportunity to really create more opportunities for manufacturing in the United States, particularly around semiconductors.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/08/05/labor-secy-walsh-pushes-back-against-recession-talks-if-we-were-in-a-recession-companies-would-be-laying-people-off-rather-than-hiring-them/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Corporate Whacking Season starts in October.

If they have a tough year, they'll prefer to write off the layoff charges against the current fiscal year, so they can start the next fiscal year with a clean slate.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Would someone kick this POS in the nuts and explain to him the differences in lagging and leadiing indicators. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

Well, could it be because a manufactured crisis shut down businesses? For a long time? And people are going back to work?

If I believed in these bs numbers, I would take some time at look at what unemployment numbers were prior to big jumps in the past. But I don't believe them...so I won't.

Online LMAO

Would someone kick this POS in the nuts and explain to him the differences in lagging and leadiing indicators.

There could be some reluctance of companies to lay off people since there’s so many companies  experiencing staffing shortages

I can tell you that all of our local hospitals are screaming for nursing staff. I’m not exaggerating when I say that you could apply for a registered nurse job at any of our local hospitals and within a few days already have an interview and a job
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy