Author Topic: Federal Judge Strikes Blow to Texas Election Integrity Law  (Read 699 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Federal Judge Strikes Blow to Texas Election Integrity Law
« on: August 05, 2022, 01:21:27 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Juliana Berg   | August 4, 2022

Senate Bill 1111, blocked by the U.S. district judge, requires people who register to vote using a P.O. box to provide proof of a home address.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel blocked a new state law that bolstered Texas voter residency requirements, marking a blow to the effort to protect Texas election integrity.

Texas Senate Bill 1111, which requires people who register to vote using a P.O. box to provide proof of a home address, was authored by State Sen. Paul Bettencourt (R–Houston). In his statement of intent, Bettencourt noted, “Currently, the Texas Election Code does not sufficiently define the characteristics of a voter residence address.”

He continued, “The vague description of a residence address has allowed voter registration certificates with residential addresses corresponding with vacant lots, mailbox stores, motels, and commercial locations.”

In response, SB 1111 was proposed and passed by the Legislature in 2021. Among other restrictions, the law prohibits people from establishing a residence to influence the outcome of an election.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/federal-judge-strikes-blow-to-texas-election-integrity-law/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Federal Judge Strikes Blow to Texas Election Integrity Law
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 03:12:39 am »
Texas Scorecard by  Juliana Berg   | August 4, 2022

Senate Bill 1111, blocked by the U.S. district judge, requires people who register to vote using a P.O. box to provide proof of a home address.

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel blocked a new state law that bolstered Texas voter residency requirements, marking a blow to the effort to protect Texas election integrity.

Texas Senate Bill 1111, which requires people who register to vote using a P.O. box to provide proof of a home address, was authored by State Sen. Paul Bettencourt (R–Houston). In his statement of intent, Bettencourt noted, “Currently, the Texas Election Code does not sufficiently define the characteristics of a voter residence address.”

He continued, “The vague description of a residence address has allowed voter registration certificates with residential addresses corresponding with vacant lots, mailbox stores, motels, and commercial locations.”

In response, SB 1111 was proposed and passed by the Legislature in 2021. Among other restrictions, the law prohibits people from establishing a residence to influence the outcome of an election.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/federal-judge-strikes-blow-to-texas-election-integrity-law/
The judge is a GW appointee.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 10:15:38 am »
:facepalm2:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 02:31:10 pm »
Judge Lee Yeakel is a joke here! Routinely gets his hand slapped on appeal.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 02:53:17 pm »
"Election Integrity" just sounds so Orwellian.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.