Author Topic: 18-foot python captured on US-41 in Collier County Reporter  (Read 473 times)

Online libertybele

18-foot python captured on US-41 in Collier County Reporter
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:14:23 pm »
The one thing that I don't like about living in FL = snakes

18-foot python captured on US-41 in Collier County

COLLIER COUNTY

An 18-foot python is captured by three amateur hunters along US-41 in Collier County.

The python weighed more than 100-pounds and is believed to be one of the biggest pythons caught in Florida.

Slithering through, trying to get to the other side of the road proved to be this Burmese python’s fatal mistake.
Python found on US-41 in Collier County. (Credit: Jake Waleri)

“I look up, and I see something blocking the entire road. It takes me a second, and I just see a head move, and I just start screaming,” said Jake Waleri.

Waleri, along with Joshua Laquis and Stephen Gauta, went out looking for the massive snakes Wednesday night. They didn’t expect to find one while driving along US-41 near Monroe Station in Collier County.

“We didn’t expect to come across anything this big,” Waleri said.

“We were sweating and fighting this thing for a good five to 10 minutes,” said Stephen Gauta.
Python found on US-41 in Collier County. (Credit: Jake Waleri)

Stretch the phyton out, and it measures 17 feet 10 inches long and weighs 104 pounds.

“When I saw this thing, and I saw its tail and its head were almost touching the opposite white lines of the road, I was shocked. I was like, this could be a record breaker. It’s not but it’s petty close,” said Waleri.

That title actually belongs to a python caught by experts with the Conservancy of Southwest Florida in June. It was 215-pounds and 18 feet long.

“The most crazy part to me. This, well we think this snake, was spotted three nights before by another guy, so for the entire night, what we talked about was ‘imagine we catch that one snake,” said Laquis.

And they did. “To go out there and remove some of these invasive species to make sure your native wildlife has a chance, it feels really good,” said Gauta.

Tomorrow marks the start of the 2022 Florida Python Challenge. This might be the only event in the nation to encourage members of the general public to take an online class, then go deep into the Everglades to compete for thousands of dollars in prizes.

https://www.winknews.com/2022/08/04/18-foot-python-captured-on-us-41-in-collier-county/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Re: 18-foot python captured on US-41 in Collier County Reporter
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 08:19:43 pm »
Good.  Kill every last one of them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 08:53:48 pm »
18-foot is moderate-to-long for a Python.  I had a friend who had two that length she kept as pets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 09:05:29 pm »
18-foot is moderate-to-long for a Python.  I had a friend who had two that length she kept as pets.

Oh, no, no, no.  There's no way I could be in the same house as someone with a 'pet' Python. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 09:15:42 pm »
Oh, no, no, no.  There's no way I could be in the same house as someone with a 'pet' Python.

Half of her large living room was converted into a Python cage. Next to it was the 6-foot Western Diamondback's cage.  She raised rabbits as feeders.

One day a neighbor's pit bull raided the Hutch and killed several rabbits.  The dog mysteriously vanished a couple of days later.  He became the feeder they had killed.  A bit gruesome for me, truthfully.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 10:45:39 pm »

Why did the python cross the road...?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 01:56:15 pm »
Why did the python cross the road? ...

More seriously, unthinking pet owners are the reason the things are now out of control.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.