Author Topic: Beijing to Pelosi: Your Democracy is ‘A Robe With Lice Crawling All Over It’  (Read 1570 times)

Online libertybele

Beijing to Pelosi: Your Democracy is ‘A Robe With Lice Crawling All Over It’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan lasted just 19 hours, but furious officials in Beijing are making clear that the fallout will continue for a long time to come, affecting both U.S.-China ties and relations across the Taiwan Strait.

Defying China’s warnings, Pelosi flew from Malaysia to Taiwan on a U.S. Air Force plane on Tuesday night and held warm meetings with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen, lawmakers, and human rights activists, declaring U.S. support for Taiwan’s democracy to be “iron-clad.”

Her delegation then flew out early Wednesday evening, bound for Osan air base in South Korea, the second-to-last stop of a regional tour.

Pelosi left behind her a country bracing for four days of People’s Liberation Army (PLA) live-fire exercises in six specified zones surrounding the island – including in two cases zones that breach Taiwan’s 12 nautical mile (22 kilometer) territorial waters under the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

In Beijing, the foreign ministry’s press briefing was dominated by the visit, and spokeswoman Hua Chunying – who is also assistant foreign minister – offered some harsh commentary in response to Pelosi’s declared support for democracy in the self-governing island that China claims as its territory.

“The kind of ‘democracy’ referred to by Pelosi is like nothing but a robe with lice crawling all over it,” she said, according to the ministry’s official translation. “It may look opulent from a distance, but couldn’t stand close scrutiny.”..............

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/international/patrick-goodenough/beijing-pelosi-your-democracy-robe-lice-crawling-all-over
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Chicken Flied Lice?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Beijing to Pelosi: Your Democracy is ‘A Robe With Lice Crawling All Over It’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan lasted just 19 hours, but furious officials in Beijing are making clear that the fallout will continue for a long time to come, affecting both U.S.-China ties and relations across the Taiwan Strait.

Defying China’s warnings, Pelosi flew from Malaysia to Taiwan on a U.S. Air Force plane on Tuesday night and held warm meetings with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen, lawmakers, and human rights activists, declaring U.S. support for Taiwan’s democracy to be “iron-clad.”

Her delegation then flew out early Wednesday evening, bound for Osan air base in South Korea, the second-to-last stop of a regional tour.

Pelosi left behind her a country bracing for four days of People’s Liberation Army (PLA) live-fire exercises in six specified zones surrounding the island – including in two cases zones that breach Taiwan’s 12 nautical mile (22 kilometer) territorial waters under the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

In Beijing, the foreign ministry’s press briefing was dominated by the visit, and spokeswoman Hua Chunying – who is also assistant foreign minister – offered some harsh commentary in response to Pelosi’s declared support for democracy in the self-governing island that China claims as its territory.

“The kind of ‘democracy’ referred to by Pelosi is like nothing but a robe with lice crawling all over it,” she said, according to the ministry’s official translation. “It may look opulent from a distance, but couldn’t stand close scrutiny.”..............

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/international/patrick-goodenough/beijing-pelosi-your-democracy-robe-lice-crawling-all-over

No, that's Hunter Biden's.

Offline Hoodat

And Pelosi is the lice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

I agree with Beijing

Online libertybele

Offline rustynail

From the Robert Burns poem, "To a Louse".

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bA_PzHtfTs

Online Kamaji

I agree with Beijing

You agree that Taiwan is not a real democracy?  Is nothing more than lice on a robe?  That is the democracy Beijing was attacking.

Offline dfwgator

You agree that Taiwan is not a real democracy?  Is nothing more than lice on a robe?  That is the democracy Beijing was attacking.

I thought they were talking about "our Democracy". 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

They were. 

Online libertybele

Yeppers and the truth stings.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
First impression (after reading no more than the thread title):
Considering the current state of the DC government, Beijing makes a good point...

Online Kamaji

They were. 

No, they were referring to the democracy in Taiwan that Pelosi was speaking in defense of.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No, they were referring to the democracy in Taiwan that Pelosi was speaking in defense of.

I read that the same way you did.  I don't know if Taiwan is a lice-infested robe.   :shrug:

Don't care.  But I'm pretty sad Biteme is willing to let Taiwan go the same way as Ukraine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Kamaji

I read that the same way you did.  I don't know if Taiwan is a lice-infested robe.   :shrug:

Don't care.  But I'm pretty sad Biteme is willing to let Taiwan go the same way as Ukraine.

:thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

I prefer Taiwan because of this.   Wish we had more of it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMvkusAI9DM

The Taiwan Parliament - Where Every Day is January 6th

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Well as long as it's a small incursion.......

Online libertybele

That's all we need is another country to spend billions on.  I think the U.S.A. needs to put there arms out and say "give me".

Online Wingnut

Well as long as it's a small incursion.......

That was not lost on me GT!  Top Notch.