Author Topic: Tarantino Names ‘Greatest Movie Ever Made’  (Read 451 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tarantino Names ‘Greatest Movie Ever Made’
« on: August 04, 2022, 05:19:38 pm »
Tarantino Names ‘Greatest Movie Ever Made’

Leena Nasir
Entertainment Reporter
August 03, 2022 6:03 PM ET
Font Size:

Legendary filmmaker Quentin Tarantino gave a huge nod to director Steven Spielberg by calling his epic movie “Jaws” the “greatest movie ever made.”

During an interview with Cinemablend’s ReelBlend podcast, Spielberg captured the essence of what makes a “movie” different from a “film” and explained his adoration for the movie “Jaws,” Cinemablend reported Wednesday. Tarantino is an iconic filmmaker himself, so giving this distinction to Spielberg’s classic can easily be considered to be among the highest forms of flattery in the industry.

Tarantino was specific with his wording and crisply reiterated that “Jaws” wasn’t getting a nod for greatest “film,” according to the outlet.

“I think Jaws is the greatest movie ever made. Maybe not the greatest film. But it’s the greatest movie ever made. And then there are other movies that can get in its rarefied air. But as far as a movie, there’s no making it better than Jaws,” Tarantino said, according to Cinemablend.

“It is the best movie ever made. And it shows how badly timed most movies made before Jaws were,” Tarantino reportedly added.

He elaborated further about the line between blockbuster movies and “films,” which were presumably as being more independent titles, Cinemablend reported.

Tarantino dove further into his highly esteemed perspective of “Jaws.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/03/quentin-tarantino-names-greatest-movie-ever-made-jaws-steven-spielberg/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Tarantino Names ‘Greatest Movie Ever Made’
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 05:31:16 pm »
Is this a viral publicity stunt for a re-issue, re-master, streaming or special aniversary edition?

Shark Week and Shark Fest just ended last week.

Jaws is a significant, great piece of Cinema, but the best?  That's in the eye of the beholder.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 05:32:14 pm »
I'm surprised he didn't say "Top Gun".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2022, 09:05:27 pm »
Tarantino tells what he thinks is the greatest movie ever made, my reaction...MEH! Doesn't mean shinola to me, I saw Jaws when it came out and it was gripping as was The Exorcist, but the movies that really impacted me as a kid and even now are films that are out of favor, The Ten Commandments and The Bible. Yeah I'm really that hokey.