Author Topic: Terrorism experts uncover glaring problem with successful strike against Ayman al-Zawahiri: 'Masks t  (Read 563 times)

Online libertybele

Terrorism experts uncover glaring problem with successful strike against Ayman al-Zawahiri: 'Masks the undeniable truth'

The United States carried out a successful counterterrorism operation to kill top al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri over the weekend.

But terrorism experts quickly pointed out the glaring problem with the operation: al-Zawahiri was targeted while standing on the balcony of a house in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, the country in which Americans died for 20 years before President Joe Biden's disastrous withdrawal one year ago.

The successful operation was only possible because of the close relationship between the Taliban and al-Qaeda, which itself was only possible because of the collapse of the Afghanistan government last year.

According to expert terrorism analyst Bill Roggio, the narrative that al-Zawahiri's death was a counterterrorism success "masks the undeniable truth that Taliban-controlled Afghanistan is a safe haven for al-Qaeda."

That is because, as Roggio explained, al-Zawahiri was "hiding" in plain-sight, i.e., he was not hiding at all.

"Zawahiri was killed in the Sherpur neighborhood, in a home run by a deputy of Sirajuddin Haqqani. Sirajuddin is of course one of two deputy Taliban emirs as well as the interior minister," Roggio explained. "Zawahiri could not operate in Afghanistan — particularly in Kabul — without the consent of the Taliban. He wasn't in the remote mountains of Kunar, Nuristan, or Nangarhar, or distant provinces of Ghazni, Helmand, or Kandahar. He was in the Taliban's capital."..............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/terrorism-experts-problem-zawahiri-strike
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Maybe I am missing something.  I don't get the point of the article.  Anyone with a single digit IQ knows that the entire country of Afghanistan has returned to a terrorist mecca.  And yes, JOE BIDEN BUILT THAT!

So, there is no story here!  I think it is safe to say that every terrorist is living in plain sight in Afghanistan.  Da!!!

Offline mountaineer

This is the third or fourth time he's been reported dead, isn't it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yep, how can you kill someone who is not there in Biden's own words?
Fact check: Biden claims al Qaeda is 'gone' from Afghanistan. Then the Pentagon confirms it's still there
Defending the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan, President Joe Biden said at the White House on Friday: "Look, let's put this thing in perspective. What interest do we have in Afghanistan at this point, with al Qaeda gone? We went to Afghanistan for the express purpose of getting rid of al Qaeda in Afghanistan as well as -- as well as -- getting Osama bin Laden. And we did."

Facts First: Biden's claim that al Qaeda is "gone" from Afghanistan is false -- as his own administration acknowledged soon afterward. Following Biden's remarks, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told reporters, "We know that al Qaeda is a presence, as well as ISIS, in Afghanistan, and we've talked about that for quite some time."[/i]
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/20/politics/fact-check-al-qaeda-gone-afghanistan-biden/index.html

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington