Author Topic: 'He shot my arm off!' Robber armed with AR-15 flees California liquor store after 80-year-old owner  (Read 1579 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'He shot my arm off!' Robber armed with AR-15 flees California liquor store after 80-year-old owner blasts him with SHOTGUN

Craig Cope, 80, a business owner in Southern California, defended his store with a shotgun early Sunday
    The would-be robbers approached Norco Market & Liquor in Norco, California, planning to rob the store
    Deputies identified three of the suspects as Justin Johnson, 22,  Jamar Williams, 27, and Davon Broadus, 24
    The fourth suspect who was shot during the robbery is in critical but stable condition; he remains unnamed
    Shortly after Cope fended off the suspects, he suffered a minor heart attack. The store owner's employees, say he is recovering and ready to come back to work

By Tom Brown For Mailonline and Andrea Cavallier For Dailymail.Com

Published: 07:15 EDT, 2 August 2022 | Updated: 14:59 EDT, 2 August 2022

A man armed with an AR-15 fled from a California liquor store screaming 'He shot my arm off!' after the 80-year-old owner blasted him with his shotgun.

Craig Cope opened fire when the 23-year-old armed intruder entered his shop in Norco early Sunday morning. As the suspect frantically ran away, Cope suffered a minor heart attack from the shock of the incident.

Four suspects armed with guns and wearing facial coverings had planned to rob the store, Riverside County Sheriff's Department said in a news release.

But employees say Cope, who has owned the store since 1967, spotted the suspects heading his way, so he grabbed his shotgun and fired at the first robber as he burst in. Security camera footage captured the dramatic encounter.

'He shot my arm off! He shot my arm off!' the man can be heard shouting as he frantically runs back to a black BMW SUV that deputies later said was reported stolen.

The suspects were located a short time later at a local hospital, where one of the suspects, a 23-year-old male, was suffering from a gunshot wound consistent with a shotgun blast, according to a Riverside County Sheriff's Department release. He remains hospitalized in critical, but stable condition.

The three other suspects were taken into police custody and booked into the Robert Presley Detention Center for robbery and conspiracy. They are being held on $500,000 bail.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11072609/Dramatic-moment-California-liquor-store-owner-blasts-rifle-toting-robber-shotgun.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline roamer_1

I don't care who you are... In close quarters, the guy with the shotgun is king

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The old boy "Rittenhoused" the bad guy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The old boy "Rittenhoused" the bad guy.

The headline actually reminds me of the scene in the movie SHOOTER, where Bobby Lee
removes Jack Payne's  hand and then arm about 2000 yards on a snow covered mountain range.   happy77

"OMG!  HE DID!  HE TOOK THE SHOT..." 
... plop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEihcQaa_g
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 08:33:51 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't care who you are... In close quarters, the guy with the shotgun is king

I'm sure his load was a 12 Gauge, 00 Buck so I believe the guy when he says "he shot my arm off!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

The feel-good story of the week.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

An 80 year-old minding his store at 2:47 am.  Glad he’s okay.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
An 80 year-old minding his store at 2:47 am.  Glad he’s okay.

The article said he ended up having a heart attack.  **nononono*
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online berdie

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This is just soooo sad. /s

I hope somebody called a whambulance.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sure his load was a 12 Gauge, 00 Buck so I believe the guy when he says "he shot my arm off!"

My choice would be #3 Buck or even BBs but what do I know?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My choice would be #3 Buck or even BBs but what do I know?

It doesn't matter much.  I'd b happy with #3, too, just not #9 birdshot.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

We went to the range with a friend today and I told the fellows about this story (they loved it, of course), pondering whether it was buck shot or bird shot. The last several times I've contemplated getting shotgun shells, it's been impossible to find buck shot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We went to the range with a friend today and I told the fellows about this story (they loved it, of course), pondering whether it was buck shot or bird shot. The last several times I've contemplated getting shotgun shells, it's been impossible to find buck shot.

I like @Bigun's suggestion of some #3.  More pellets than buck, but not birdshot tiny.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It doesn't matter much.  I'd b happy with #3, too, just not #9 birdshot.

At 30 feet or less it won't matter at all!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Get a box of HV #4 shot @mountaineer anything inside your house will not get over that I'll assure you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

It doesn't matter much. 

It doesn't matter at all. You learn that with your buddy picking rock salt out of your ass...
You just don't mess with shotguns.
... And there is a way to find out who your true friends are.

Offline roamer_1

Oh, and there's a reason nobody messes with melon patches too.

Offline Idiot

This is California?  Why haven't they arrested the old man yet?  888mouth

Online Kamaji

Exactly

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It was close enough there would not have been a lot of pellet dispersal.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

He has a shotgun!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

At 30 feet or less it won't matter at all!
I can still picture my brother decapitating a crippled mallard from ten feet away with No.6 shot...I was rowing the boat.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It was close enough there would not have been a lot of pellet dispersal.
Dispersal depends on the choke and size of the shell.
The fact that the perp was in critical condition indicates 6 shot or some kind of buck.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

#GoodAimMatters
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.