Author Topic: The Gecko Has Finally Had Enough, Insurance Giant Geico Flees From California Closing All Offices an  (Read 1135 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Gecko Has Finally Had Enough, Insurance Giant Geico Flees From California Closing All Offices and Laying Off Workers
 By Steve Straub
Published August 2, 2022 at 5:46am

It looks like the gecko has finally had enough of leftist California and it’s crazy anti-business policies.

The insurance giant is eliminating any physical presence in the once golden state, closing all 38 of it’s offices and laying off hundreds of employees.

While residents of California will still be able to get insurance, file claims and more from Geico it will all have to be done online moving forward.

Via Fox News:

“GEICO has reportedly closed all 38 of its agent offices in California, laid off hundreds of employees, and will no longer sell insurance through telephone agents in the state.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/gecko-finally-enough-insurance-giant-geico-flees-california-closing-offices-laying-off-workers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Huh.  Geico loves government, it's right there in the name:  Government Employees Insurance Company.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe the lizard had had enough of being Newsomed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not even Hollywood likes California any more as a lot of films are made elsewhere
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Many films are lured to Massachusetts by tax breaks.

The only thing California has going for it is that its a phenominal place to make S'mores because of the wildfires.

Good thing the lefty loonies protected those trees from lumberjacks for the spotted owls.  Oh, wait, those wildfires also make those spotted owls homeless?  Still, to the moonbats, it's better to have the trees burn than to have evil corporations make profits, provide jobs, and pay taxes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

The insurance industry IMHO in general is in trouble.  Lot's of insurance companies have pulled out of FL and/or have been downgraded and therefore don't qualify as adequate coverage to mortgage companies. The insurance industry says that it is due to fraud.  I'm not so sure I agree with that.  Yes fraud plays a role, but what about all the people who have paid their premiums for years and have never made a claim??  Then there are those who have paid their premiums for years and go to make a claim only to find out that it will be months before they see a dime, or the insurance company finds some loophole not to pay.  I've seen it happen to a couple of people. (I'm only basing this on what I've seen happen in FL.)

I don't even know if GEICO writes homeowner's insurance in FL, but I've always associated them with car insurance.

Though annuities are technically not insurance, I believe that, that maybe the next industry to take a hit.  Lot's of pensions funds and retirees have put $$ into annuities and they are paying out at a higher rate than I believe can be sustained right now. Lot's of boomers are retired or are soon to retire.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Maybe the lizard had had enough of being Newsomed.

Wish the next lizard ad installment would be a smeared green spot on the pavement.

Past annoying.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Wish the next lizard ad installment would be a smeared green spot on the pavement.

Past annoying.
I agree. The commercials are for children, or for adults who still think as children. Why the hell would I buy insurance from a Lizard or an Emu?

And when they try so hard to anthropomorphize these things and make them into humans and spokesmen it is beyond insulting to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Huh.  Geico loves government, it's right there in the name:  Government Employees Insurance Company.
I was with Geico when I was a Gov Employee. At that time, you have to provide proof that you worked in government.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think this is probably an excellent time to start pricing Ca beach front and other property.

Once all the lefties leave due to all the taxpayers leaving their properties in foreclosure and move somewhere their beloved policies have not yet been put into place,anybody with spare cash will be able to buy what was once prime property for a dime on the dollar.

Yeah,the houses have been trashed. So what? If it is truly trashed and it would cost more to repair it than it would to put up a new house,get the local Fire Dept to burn it down for you as a training aid for them,and your property taxes will drop until you build a new house there or sell the cleared lot for mega-bucks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

I would surmise that Insurance Companies as a whole, particularly Life Insurances, is in for a world of continued hurt and they can't sue Pfhizer, moderna or J&J so they're really pizzed off.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

I was with Geico when I was a Gov Employee. At that time, you have to provide proof that you worked in government.

That was a long time ago.  GEICO coverage isn’t limited to government employees anymore.