Author Topic: What Arizona’s primaries will tell us about the GOP divide (Swill)  (Read 645 times)

Offline corbe

What Arizona’s primaries will tell us about the GOP divide

BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 08/02/22 5:30 AM ET

The proxy battle between President Trump and establishment Republican figures will come to a head in Tuesday’s Arizona primaries, providing an indication of the direction the GOP might take going forward.

The two wings of the Republican Party have provided contrasting messages in the lead-up to Arizona’s primaries, with Trump and his endorsed candidates zeroing in on his unfounded claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him and establishment-backed Republicans focusing on kitchen table issues and being an alternative to Democratic Party control.

This has played out most publicly in Arizona’s GOP gubernatorial primary, where Trump has backed former television news anchor Kari Lake, while former Vice President Mike Pence and Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) have thrown their support behind businesswoman Karrin Taylor Robson.

“This certainly feels like ground zero,” said one Republican operative with ties to Arizona, who is supportive of Lake.

The operative added that Pence’s involvement made the dynamic on Tuesday “much more of a larger atmospheric fight.”

“It certainly does feel like old guard vs. new guard,” the operative said.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3583283-what-arizonas-primaries-will-tell-us-about-the-gop/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: What Arizona’s primaries will tell us about the GOP divide (Swill)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 02:52:48 pm »
Yes, there is a battle in AZ, between McCainiacs and Conservatives.  From my perch, I see a steady erosion of support for the deceased Maverick.  The results of today might make me a very happy person.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 02:55:05 pm »
Yes, there is a battle in AZ, between McCainiacs and Conservatives.  From my perch, I see a steady erosion of support for the deceased Maverick.  The results of today might make me a very happy person.

I'm watching as well! Hoping for a BIG party!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 03:53:46 am »
Any post election commentary tonight?

Haven't watched that close, but have heard AZ was (Is) a strong bellweather for DJT's influence for 2024.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 04:48:53 am »
Any post election commentary tonight?

Haven't watched that close, but have heard AZ was (Is) a strong bellweather for DJT's influence for 2024.

The count is very slow getting to the news.  This is not good.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: