Author Topic: We Are At An Inflection Point In the Battle To Save Education  (Read 641 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
We Are At An Inflection Point In the Battle To Save Education
« on: August 02, 2022, 01:22:18 pm »
Legal Insurrection by William A. Jacobson Friday, July 29, 2022

My speech at the ALEC annual conference: “we are at an inflection point right now to move from publicity, to move from alerting people, who mostly are now aware of the problem, to actually addressing the infrastructure which supports” the racialization of education.

On Thursday, July 28, 2022, I spoke at the Education Task Force of the Annual Conference of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). There were over 100 state legislators present during my session.

The topic of my presendation was “An Inflection Point In The Battle To Save Education.” In this year’s presentation, I made reference to my presentation at the ALEC Annual Meeting in 2021, “The fight over Critical Race Theory in education is a fight in many ways for our national survival”

I also made reference to model legislation the Task Force would consider later in the session:

•   Academic Transparency Act

•   The Hope Scholarship Act

•   Protecting Religious Homeschooling Act

•   Amendments to the Textbook Cost Transparency Act

My key point is that we are at an inflection point. “Critical Race Theory” is now a toxic term and the racialization of education has lost the public opinion battle overall. But the infrastructure that racialized and increasingly sexualized education remains — the school board members, the big money leftist donors and foundations, the teachers unions, the consultants, the book companies, the education bureaucracy, and other institutional support. We are at an inflection point where we need to shift to dismantling the woke educational infrastructure, because if it is permitted to remain, when the publicity fades these grifters will come roaring back.

Control of the state government in more than half the states is one of the few institutions where non-liberals still have power. Almost every other institution has been captured. So the states, including state legislatures, are uniquely positioned as both a last line of defense and a platform to recapture what has been lost and bring it back at least to the center.

You can view the speech below, which is followed by a transcription.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/07/we-are-at-an-inflection-point-in-the-battle-to-save-education/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5T_kZfXAY

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: We Are At An Inflection Point In the Battle To Save Education
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:44:36 pm »
This is something that can be done from the bottom up. Get conservatives elected to school boards. Get a critical mass to pass legislation at the state level to crack down on teachers and librarians from indoctrinating students and force them to teach the curriculum. Give the school boards the legal tools to do that.

Appropriate money to wire up classrooms with cameras and sound so that parents can watch and record what teachers do and say. Punish teachers and administrators harshly when they violate the law. Stomp the teachers unions into the dirt.

Some decent applied effort could go a long way to solve the problem.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2022, 01:45:48 pm »
This is something that can be done from the bottom up. Get conservatives elected to school boards. Get a critical mass to pass legislation at the state level to crack down on teachers and librarians from indoctrinating students and force them to teach the curriculum. Give the school boards the legal tools to do that.

Appropriate money to wire up classrooms with cameras and sound so that parents can watch and record what teachers do and say. Punish teachers and administrators harshly when they violate the law. Stomp the teachers unions into the dirt.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 01:52:10 pm »
My give a damn's busted.

Let em implode and fill in the crater.

Looks like home schooling is on it's way. And more power to it.
Mostly because women are finding out they have been believing a lie for better than a generation.
And they are turning around. Expect flowers and food gardens to return to homes too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 01:56:55 pm »

Good plan if we could wait 5 or more years.... I think we need a little more urgency

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 02:09:23 pm »
Good plan if we could wait 5 or more years.... I think we need a little more urgency

If the GOP would push now...school board elections are next fall. In Iowa, the legislative session starts in Jan.

Alot of states could get this done in short order if they had the will.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 02:10:02 pm »
If the GOP would push now...school board elections are next fall. In Iowa, the legislative session starts in Jan.

Alot of states could get this done in short order if they had the will.

:thumbsup:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 02:10:19 pm »
My give a damn's busted.

Let em implode and fill in the crater.

Looks like home schooling is on it's way. And more power to it.
Mostly because women are finding out they have been believing a lie for better than a generation.
And they are turning around. Expect flowers and food gardens to return to homes too.

Ultimately that would be the best outcome.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 09:49:30 pm »
Title and presumption:
"We Are At An Inflection Point In the Battle To Save Education"

Perhaps American public education SHOULD NOT be "saved"...