Author Topic: Moody’s: Schumer-Manchin deal will ‘nudge’ economy, inflation ‘in the right direction’  (Read 699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Moody’s: Schumer-Manchin deal will ‘nudge’ economy, inflation ‘in the right direction’
by Alexander Bolton - 08/01/22 3:08 PM ET

The deal announced last week by Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) will “nudge the economy and inflation in the right direction” and “meaningfully” address climate change, a new analysis by Moody’s Analytics found.

The analysis comes at a critical moment when Schumer and Manchin are hoping to persuade the last hold-out Democratic senator to support the deal: centrist Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.).

The deal, which would raise $739 billion in new revenue, spend $369 on an energy security and climate investments, and pay down more than $300 billion in debt, is scheduled to come to the Senate floor this week, pending approval by the Senate parliamentarian. 

Senate Republicans have attacked the bill, arguing it will worsen inflation and raise taxes on Americans across income brackets. 

But Moody’s predicts the Inflation Reduction Act “will modestly reduce inflation over the 10-year budget horizon.”

The financial services company predicts the consumer price inflation index will be 0.33 percent lower by the fourth quarter of 2031 because of the bill. 

“This translates into a reduction in CPI inflation of 3.3 basis points per annum on average over that period,” it said, projecting the legislation will have a “marginal” impact on inflation in the middle of the next decade but then become “more meaningful later in the decade.” 

Moody’s says the legislation will curb inflation in several ways.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3582989-moodys-schumer-manchin-deal-will-nudge-economy-inflation-in-the-right-direction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Moody's -- just one more firm "in the tank" for the elites/administrative/deep state...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Moody's -- just one more firm "in the tank" for the elites/administrative/deep state...

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Sure. Impoverish the people more by taking more from them, and they won't be able to afford high prices, so demand will drop and the price will come down (with a lot of pain along the way, for the ordinary folks, that is). Lobbyists and others (including us) will keep the millionaires in Congress well fed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

Well, we know what the investment bankers are paying Moody's to publish.  They're at the front of the line for the green graft. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Moody's, Forbes, CNBC, among others have allowed whacked ideology to trump common sense economics.

As with the regular MSM, these posers have lost their credibility. 

Want an example?  Watch any of their talking head, ticker shows, and go more than 10 minutes with some GND infiltrated bullshit being added.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.