Author Topic: Fleeing families will leave New York without a future  (Read 656 times)

Offline Kamaji

Fleeing families will leave New York without a future
« on: July 31, 2022, 03:15:11 pm »
Fleeing families will leave New York without a future

By NY Post Editorial Board
July 29, 2022

New York City has been driving away families with kids, a trend that makes for a much meaner town.

COVID was one huge factor: Per data from the Economic Innovation Group, Manhattan lost 9.5% of its under-5 population during the two years of the pandemic.

That’s far more than the national large-city average of 5.4%; San Francisco came close, dropping 7.6% of under-5s.

Which suggests that local pandemic responses were a big factor, as left-leaning leaders went heavy on lockdowns and prolonged school closures. When even parks and playgrounds are padlocked, life becomes a living hell for young children and their parents.

And non-COVID trends hit hard, especially in Gotham, as the cumulative effect of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s policies and the state’s heavy-handed criminal-justice “reforms” saw crime jumping from its historic lows. City homicides rose 46.5% in 2021 over 2014 (the year Blas took over); car thefts up 35.8%; felony assaults up 13%. No one wants to raise a family in that environment.

De Blasio’s war on excellence in public education hurt, too: Crucially, he cut back Gifted and Talented classes and engineered the end of selective admissions to middle and high schools in several districts — leaving his successor a cockamamie system for the whole city that’s directed countless kids this fall to schools they never wanted.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/29/fleeing-families-will-leave-new-york-without-a-future/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Fleeing families will leave New York without a future
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 05:05:57 pm »
I'm sure Adams' thinking is exactly like Coleman Young's, first black Mayor of Detroit.

Young welcomed the "white flight" from the city because he know he would be Mayor for Life because all the political opposition was gone.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 05:12:18 pm »
I'm sure Adams' thinking is exactly like Coleman Young's, first black Mayor of Detroit.

Young welcomed the "white flight" from the city because he know he would be Mayor for Life because all the political opposition was gone.

Indeed.  Young was mayor for 20 years. Yes he had no political opposition, but also his corruption kept him in power and many Blacks were convinced for quite awhile that he was the one keeping Detroit afloat. He lied to people long enough that they actually believed him.  Typical corrupt liberal.  He was the LBJ of Detroit.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 05:13:54 pm »
Billy Joel called it all those years ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isG3qkQXBic

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 07:24:07 pm »

So why is he promoting death by abortion to eliminate his future voters?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 07:59:05 pm »
I'm trying to care, but I saw the same thing in reverse here after the rust belt collapse.

After about '82, high school graduates started moving to the big cities because the jobs were disappearing thanks to the policies of Jimmah and the Democrat majorities. Thriving small towns were reduced to shadows of the shells of their former selves.

I think I will call this the Woke Belt Collapse.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2022, 08:01:45 pm »
Bkmk
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2022, 09:15:59 pm »
So why is he promoting death by abortion to eliminate his future voters?

Assuming that is a serious question, those are votes 19 years in the future. The grifters will be long gone by then.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2022, 10:14:53 pm »
"Manhattan lost 9.5% of its under-5 population during the two years of the pandemic."

No shortage of feral youth in all five boroughs, I'll reckon...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2022, 10:42:33 pm »
I don't care where any of these people go,so long as they stay up north.

We already have too damn many yankees living in the south,and every one of the SOB's wants to change the local laws to be just like the laws were in NYC,starting with the gun laws. You just KNOW every life-long denizen of NYC that moves south thinks "there are just too damn many guns available around here,and we need to do something about it!"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 11:08:40 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!