Author Topic: White House to launch updated COVID-19 booster campaign in September  (Read 1435 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 White House to launch updated COVID-19 booster campaign in September
by Nathaniel Weixel - 07/29/22 5:50 PM ET

The White House is moving ahead with plans to launch a COVID-19 booster campaign in September using a vaccine modified for the omicron subvariants sweeping the country, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said Friday.

The updated vaccine will specifically target the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants of omicron, which are currently circulating and fueling a new increase in hospitalizations. The announcement marks an acceleration of previous plans, as the reformulated vaccine was not expected to be ready for distribution until at least October.

At the same time, the FDA said it is not considering authorizing a second booster of the original formulation of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines for otherwise healthy individuals under the age of 50.

Currently, only people aged 50 and older as well as immunocompromised people over the age of 12 are eligible for a second booster shot.

The FDA said the accelerated time frame is possible because both Pfizer and Moderna indicated that they anticipate the modified vaccines being available as early as September. Earlier on Friday, the Biden administration announced a purchase of 66 million doses of the updated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

The Moderna purchase comes on top of an order placed last month for 105 million doses of Pfizer’s updated vaccine. 

Combined, the two agreements with Moderna and Pfizer would make available to the U.S. approximately 171 million “bivalent” vaccine booster doses for the fall and beyond, should they be authorized and recommended, which would not be enough for every single American to receive one, officials said.

The agency told manufacturers in June that new COVID-19 booster shots should be tailored to target omicron’s BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants, as well as the original strain, in order to give people the broadest possible protection.

According to the FDA, currently available vaccines have helped reduce the most serious outcomes caused by COVID-19, but the effectiveness of primary vaccination wanes over time against certain variants, including omicron. The first booster doses helped restore that protection, but their effectiveness is also waning.

The BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants account for the majority of new infections in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The variant has been able to evade certain immune defenses in people who were infected previously or received the vaccine.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3580285-white-house-to-launch-updated-covid-19-booster-campaign-in-september/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What about Schlong Covid?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Quintupling down on failure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

They'll never admit it's over.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What about Schlong Covid?

There will have to be a vaccine for that too!   :silly:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

It’s over.  Covid-19 is nothing more than a glorified flu bug now. 

Offline mountaineer

Aren't they just using the smallpox vaccine for the Schlong Covid these days? Are we going to have to change the name of smallpox, because it's triggering to height-challenged people?

Offline Kamaji

Aren't they just using the smallpox vaccine for the Schlong Covid these days? Are we going to have to change the name of smallpox, because it's triggering to height-challenged people?

Good point.

Offline mountaineer

Re: White House to launch updated COVID-19 booster campaign in September
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 07:23:55 pm »
Don't forget to get tested 25 times a day.

https://twitter.com/UltraLandlord/status/1554671201892679681

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 08:08:42 pm »
I'm confused, hasn't the Covid been mutating all these Months? And if it has, have they developed new 'vaccines' or are they just pushing the same old shit didn't really work the first time so they can make more money on it instead of taking a loss when they have to dump it?

I have been to two medical offices recently and both want to know if I had been 'vaccinated', when and how many times. This concerns me since it seems like it may be setting up denial of service if you aren't up to 'standards'. I wouldn't be so concerned except they found an enlarged node on my thyroid and I need to get a biopsy to see if it's benign or malignant and what the next steps are.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »
I have to have surgery in 3 weeks. The last time I had surgery at that hospital, they let me in despite my unvaccinated status, but not until they did a Covid test. This time, I'm going to Walgreen's for testing two days before surgery and see if that placates them. As the nurse practitioner at my doctor's office said the other day, it's  ridiculous that they still require testing for 'rona19 before surgery, when they never did this for any other virus on the face of the earth.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2022, 10:28:51 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is WHO's "Dr." Tedros admitting he did not get the Covid-19 vaccine?

https://twitter.com/goodfoodgal/status/1555101804777865216

See also Euroweekly News

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2022, 10:39:47 pm »
Wait, what?

tweeted by @AlexBerenson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2022, 12:10:57 am »
Wait, what?

tweeted by @AlexBerenson
Well I'm no doctor, never even stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but I'm pretty damn sure that neither genital necrosis or cutaneous thrombosis is not a good thing **nononono*.