Author Topic: Wharton Study: Democrat Reconciliation Bill Would Have Zero Impact on Inflation  (Read 1045 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wharton Study: Democrat Reconciliation Bill Would Have Zero Impact on Inflation

Sean Moran29 Jul 20223
3:03

The Democrats’ marquee bill to reduce inflation would likely have zero impact on inflation, according to a study by the influential Penn Wharton Budget Model.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) unveiled the Inflation Reduction Act this week which they claim would combat climate change, extend enhanced Obamacare subsidies, and reduce the budget deficit by roughly $300 billion.

Manchin has harped on the need to curb inflation since he blocked the multi-trillion-dollar Build Back Better Act. Now, with the country in recession and Americans continuing to reel from inflation, Manchin hopes that the legislation could curb inflation and bring the country’s fiscal house back to order.

But the Penn Wharton Budget Model has poured cold water on the alleged disinflationary effects of the Democrats’ reconciliation bill.

Jon Huntley and John Ricco wrote that the bill “would reduce non-interest cumulative deficits by $248 billion over the budget window with no impact on GDP in 2031. The impact on inflation is statistically indistinguishable from zero.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/29/wharton-study-democrat-reconciliation-bill-would-have-zero-impact-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

I didn’t need a Wharton Study to tell me that
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Q: Karine Jean-Pierre, should be following the science?
A: No, we follow the politics.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 05:27:28 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wharton Study: Democrat Reconciliation Bill Would Have Zero Impact on Inflation

Like hell it won't! It will make it worse than it already is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Like hell it won't! It will make it worse than it already is!

Exactly....

It will be the opposite effect.  The Pedo Joe WH has the economic accumen of 4th graders. 

Our buddy Ron had this clown car pegged at the onset.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Exactly....

It will be the opposite effect.  The Pedo Joe WH has the economic accumen of 4th graders. 

Our buddy Ron had this clown car pegged at the onset.

With democrats stupid is a feature not a bug.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Amen.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Wharton School analysis finds Inflation Reduction Act will increase inflation until 2024, likely to have 'indistinguishable' effect on rising prices

Analysis from the Penn Wharton Budget Model – a nonpartisan group at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School – found that the Democrats' Inflation Reduction Act would have so little impact on inflation that the effects would be "statistically indistinguishable from zero."

The Penn Wharton Budget Model analysis questioned the benefits of the Democrat-backed Inflation Reduction Act, especially when it comes to reducing inflation – which is the alleged purpose of the bill.

"The Act would very slightly increase inflation until 2024 and decrease inflation thereafter," the study stated. "These point estimates are statistically indistinguishable from zero, thereby indicating low confidence that the legislation will have any impact on inflation."

The climate change and health care bill that will usher in $433 billion in new spending could add 0.05 percentage points to inflation until 2024, followed by an estimated 0.25 percentage point decrease in the Personal Consumption Expenditures price index by the late 2020s. ...............

https://www.conservativereview.com/wharton-school-analysis-finds-inflation-reduction-act-will-increase-inflation-until-2024-likely-to-have-indistinguishable-effect-on-rising-prices-2657778427.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

Biden's tax hikes are part of a dopey moral crusade, and were never intended to reduce inflation.  Corporate profits are looted by the government.  That isn't step B on the way to step C.  It's their end game, their measure of success. 

The rest of the bill will cause inefficiencies elsewhere, and there again, no damns are given.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Biden's tax hikes are part of a dopey moral crusade, and were never intended to reduce inflation.  Corporate profits are looted by the government.  That isn't step B on the way to step C.  It's their end game, their measure of success. 

The rest of the bill will cause inefficiencies elsewhere, and there again, no damns are given.

ALL of those taxes, and ALL the costs of compliance end up coming out of the pocketbooks of those consuming whatever the corporation produces.  The corporations do not and cannot absorb them. They MUST recover their costs, or they fail!

Our corporate income tax is functionally a subtraction method VAT! @cato potatoe
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 02:03:38 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien