Author Topic: Dirty deeds: NYC’s notorious squeegee men are back  (Read 450 times)

Offline Kamaji

Dirty deeds: NYC’s notorious squeegee men are back
« on: July 29, 2022, 12:39:01 pm »
Dirty deeds: NYC’s notorious squeegee men are back

By Kevin Sheehan, Khristina Narizhnaya and Emily Crane
July 28, 2022

The Big Apple just can’t wash itself clean of this stain.

The notorious squeegee men are back to their bad old ways terrorizing Midtown motorists — and aggressively demanding money for their shoddy, unsolicited services.

The Post witnessed a crew of the wayward washers targeting vehicles at the congested West 40th Street and Ninth Avenue intersection on multiple occasions within the last week.

“Where are the cops? I mean, this is stressful enough, just driving in, that was like a shakedown!” New Jersey woman, who asked not to be named, said Tuesday just moments after a squeegee man suddenly approached her car.

“How is this OK? He just kept saying, ‘I know you got some money! I know you got some money!'”

The panhandling window-washers approached several vehicles stopped at red lights — sudsing up windshields without warning and then harassing cash from the drivers.

In one instance, a squeegee man lifted up the wipers on a car with New Jersey plates and quickly sprayed soapy water across the windshield before the female driver even had a chance to say no.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/nycs-notorious-squeegee-men-are-back/