Author Topic: Commerce Sec’y Raimondo: ‘Except for Inflation,’ ‘There’s a Lot to Like’ about Economy  (Read 1432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 *bouche*

Commerce Sec’y Raimondo: ‘Except for Inflation,’ ‘There’s a Lot to Like’ about Economy

Ian Hanchett 28 Jul 2022

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo reacted to the second quarter GDP numbers by stating that GDP growth was going to slow, and “we’re feeling, except for inflation, which I know is tough on consumers, there’s a lot to like about this.”

Raimondo stated, “I talk to business leaders daily. … I would say, by and large, the business leaders I speak with aren’t concerned, and they weren’t surprised. Obviously, GDP is going to slow. The GDP growth that we saw last year, 5%, 6%, 7% at times, isn’t sustainable. And so, we were all expecting a slowing of the economy. I would say, when I look at the numbers and I talk to businesspeople and I talk to workers, businesses are hiring, right? The economy created a million jobs last quarter. Businesses are still hiring. Wages are up. Consumers are spending. Consumers’ personal household balance sheets remain strong. So, fundamentally, there’s still a lot of reason to feel good about the economy. Obviously, inflation is our number one economic issue and we’re focused on that. And that is coming down. The long-term forecasts for inflation are coming down. But I think that, if you talk to companies, they are hiring, they are spending, they are growing, no big job losses. And so, we’re feeling, except for inflation, which I know is tough on consumers, there’s a lot to like about this.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/28/commerce-secy-raimondo-except-for-inflation-theres-a-lot-to-like-about-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

"Except for the dying, there's a lot to like about being killed"

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Don't forget about the shortages and continued supply chain disruptions.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline mountaineer

Mr. M has waffles for breakfast nearly every day. I get the Kroger brand of frozen waffles because they're better than Eggo and they cost less. Well, kind of. The price went up 50% yesterday over last week's price. That's our measure of inflation - how much more do we pay for the things that are on the shopping list every week. Everything I regularly buy at the grocery store is at least 25% higher, not the 10 or 11% the administration says. But, they also say, that's a good thing and all is well.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No shortages of dumbasses in DC.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

Mr. M has waffles for breakfast nearly every day. I get the Kroger brand of frozen waffles because they're better than Eggo and they cost less. Well, kind of. The price went up 50% yesterday over last week's price. That's our measure of inflation - how much more do we pay for the things that are on the shopping list every week. Everything I regularly buy at the grocery store is at least 25% higher, not the 10 or 11% the administration says. But, they also say, that's a good thing and all is well.  *****rollingeyes*****

That is the yardstick I use to measure things as well. I am amazed when I go to the store at the price increases....if the product is even there. Then I hear these yahoos, with a straight face, try to tell me it's not true. My head explodes. 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Thank God we bought dozens of steaks and fish fillets from Omaha Steaks during the last Beef kill-off a few years back (it was caused by a shortage of feed corn).  I have a 14 cubic foot freezer stuffed full.

I got a bunce of pork tenderloins at Sam's Club recently.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

The freezer is pretty full of meat and coffee, which is nice for a few months.  :shrug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You ought to get a small waffle maker for Mr.M...you can make the batter and it will last a few days in an airtight container for a few days.....you can even add fruit, bacon and choc chips..something dif everyday....it would be cheaper in the long run especially if he eats waffles everyday.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

You ought to get a small waffle maker for Mr.M...you can make the batter and it will last a few days in an airtight container for a few days.....you can even add fruit, bacon and choc chips..something dif everyday....it would be cheaper in the long run especially if he eats waffles everyday.
I know, I know!  :laugh: My mother always asked why I don't fix him breakfast, like the poor man was starving to death. She couldn't be convinced he really did want frozen waffles every day.

EDIT TO ADD (and I'm sorry for getting off topic): after posting the above, I decided to investigate wafflemakers and almost fell off my chair when I saw this one on the JCP site.  :silly:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:09:32 pm by mountaineer »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I know, I know!  :laugh: My mother always asked why I don't fix him breakfast, like the poor man was starving to death. She couldn't be convinced he really did want frozen waffles every day.

You can make the batter and let him cook the waffles every morning..

I keep a small one here for my grandson who is the most pickiest eater I have ever seen...takes as long as a toaster... https://www.qvc.com/Dash-Set-of-3-Mini-Waffle-Makers-with-Gift-Boxes.product.K50775.html?sc=SRCH
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

I bought one of the 'Dash' waffle makers and we have waffles several times a week.  I love the darn thing; it does it's job and I paid around $10.00.  I by Annie's waffle mix, make it up put it in an air tight container and it lasts for several breakfasts.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Y'all might be talking about me.

I have been endeavoring to bust loose freezer space around here. One of the biggest freed spaces was the monster box of freezer waffles I used to get from over to the Costco... A stupid crazy butt ton of em for something like 10 bucks.

I am now without... Relying upon french toast when I feel the need... Which ain't the same. Or frybread... which ain't the same. Or pancakes... which are pancakes.

I am fixin to go get a waffle maker. No more toaster waffles for the dwarf.  **nononono* :crying:

Offline dfwgator

"Well, apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The freezer is pretty full of meat and coffee, which is nice for a few months.  :shrug:
You know the difference between your freezer and Mayor Pete.  When you pull meat out of the freezer it doesn't fart.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Been loading up on canned goods, although those prices seem to have stabilized for now.

Got a freezer to clean out on days off, and then restock it with beef and bacon...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I realize it doesn't have a transmission, but there's still alot to like with this car!
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Been loading up on canned goods, although those prices seem to have stabilized for now.

Got a freezer to clean out on days off, and then restock it with beef and bacon...

I fell into a quarter beef... But my meat freezer is absolutely buried under chickens right now. 25 of em ain't mine, so that'll help... but not right now... So it's looking like I have another freezer coming... And no place to put it. So it's going outside on the porch - Now THAT's redneck, alright!

Online The_Reader_David

Inflation, shortages, bear market, recession, yes, two successive quarters of contraction is a recession, the Ministry of Truth's attempts to toss the time-honored definition down the memory hole notwithstanding.  I think a fairer statement is the only thing to like about the economy is the strong labor market.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.