Author Topic: Lt. Gen. Michael E. Langley Slated To Make History As First Black Four-Star General In The Marines  (Read 528 times)

rebewranger

Lt. Gen. Michael E. Langley Slated To Make History As First Black Four-Star General In The Marines
Kui Mwai - Yesterday 12:02 PM

Lt. Gen. Michael E. Langley is slated to make history as the Marine’s first Black four-star general, The Washington Post reports. He’s been nominated as the U.S. Africa Command, leading all U.S. military forces in the country.

Langley has had an impressive, more-than three decade long career. He’s served in Afghanistan, Somalia and Japan, held leadership positions at the Pentagon, and led U.S. Marine Corps Forces in Europe and Africa. He’s currently overseeing Marine forces on the East Coast.

Maj. Ronald Bailey knew that he was destined for greatness. He met Langley as a young Marine in the late ’80s, and remembered his record-breaking intelligence, sharp problem-solving skills, and how unstoppable he was at flag football.

Bailey recounts giving him a powerful piece of advice to The Washington Post.

“You will live under a microscope,” he told him all those years ago. “You must always set the standard.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lt-gen-michael-e-langley-slated-to-make-history-as-first-black-four-star-general-in-the-marines/ar-AA102brJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=da1ea0075cfe49eab26ec75d1e48f5c2

rebewranger

Lloyd Austin was a four star, too, and look what he's done for the military. :3:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Irony alert?

Black general in charge of troops in Africa?   :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Oops, forgot my typical identity politics in the military response...

*****rollingeyes*****
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

The underlying question is:  is he really what he's being pitched as, or is he just another woke affirmative-action appointment?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The underlying question is:  is he really what he's being pitched as, or is he just another woke affirmative-action appointment?
And that, dear friends, is the insidious nature of affirmative action/wokeness.

Even the qualified will be covered with the shadow of doubt as to why they hold the positions they do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Austin and Milley promoted him, so what do you think?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

Austin and Milley promoted him, so what do you think?

It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what those who are in a position to know think.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what those who are in a position to know think.

Doesn't matter what I think, either, in that case we'll see and hope a major war doesn't break out in Africa.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Doesn't matter what I think, either, in that case we'll see and hope a major war doesn't break out in Africa.   :shrug:

Well, we can find out what people who do, or should, know think about him and go from there; that doesn't take waiting for a war to start in Africa.  What do the troops who have served under him think?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, we can find out what people who do, or should, know think about him and go from there; that doesn't take waiting for a war to start in Africa.  What do the troops who have served under him think?

A good question because it's the correct question.  Let's see if a discouraging word ever gets out.
I will NOT comply.