Author Topic: WHO recommends gay and bisexual men limit sexual partners to reduce the spread of monkeypox  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

WHO recommends gay and bisexual men limit sexual partners to reduce the spread of monkeypox
CNBC, Jul 27, 2022

The World Health Organization on Wednesday recommended that gay and bisexual men limit their number of sexual partners to protect themselves from monkeypox and help slow transmission of the rapidly spreading virus.

The WHO’s monkeypox expert, Rosamund Lewis, said men who have sex with men are the group at the highest risk of infection right now. About 99% of cases are among men, and at least 95% of those patients are men who have sex with men, Lewis said.

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said it is crucial for public health authorities to engage communities of men who have sex with men to reduce transmission of the virus and take care of those infected, while protecting human rights by fighting stigma and discrimination.

“For men who have sex with men, this includes for the moment, reducing your number of sexual partners, reconsidering considering sex with new partners, and exchanging contact details with any new partners to enable follow up if needed,” Tedros said.

Tedros called on social media platforms, tech companies and news organizations to counter harmful information, which he warned will only fuel the outbreak.

More:  https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/monkeypox-who-recommends-gay-bisexual-men-limit-sexual-partners-to-reduce-spread.html

Also this .... 

"Walensky hesitantly tells truth about who’s contracting/spreading #monkeypox when addressing 2 confirmed US child cases—“Both of those children um are traced back to, uh, individuals who come from the men-who-have-sex-with-men community, the gay men, uh, community…”"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NatalieArgyle/status/1551646412735012865

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Expecting "prideful" outcry in 3...2...1...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

San Francisco has declared a state of emergency over Monkeypox.— unusual_whales (@unusual_whales) July 28, 2022

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That will work.  After all, look at all those bathhouses that closed during the AIDS manufactured crisis.

...oh, wait....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

About 99% of cases are among men, and at least 95% of those patients are men who have sex with men, Lewis said and the other 5% are liars.

Fixed it.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Greg Price
@greg_price11

Covid: "You must lock yourselves in your house, muzzle your children, and shut down your business or else you're killing grandma."

Monkeypox: "It's too much to suggest gay men should stop having orgies."

4:09 PM · Jul 28, 2022·Twitter Web App

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uh,yeah!

Good luck with that one!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
Graphic content warning.
A Texas gay sex worker specializing in group sex shared photos of his experience developing #Monkeypox pustules.

5:23 AM · Jul 29, 2022·
But no one tell them to stop engaging in this behavior, cuz that would be homophobic.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
25m
The San Francisco Aids Foundation (@SFAIDSFound) has released a guide to having sex ahead of the #DoreAlley gay sex festival. The guide says if you have bumps on your skin & don’t know what they are, to cover them up & go have sex anyway.

6:26 PM · Jul 30, 2022
If you're on the prowl for kinky sex in SF, I suggest avoiding people covered in Band-Aids.  :thud:

Offline mountaineer

Remember, it's not a gay disease (CDC says so at the bottom) after listing gay activities to avoid.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Remember, it's not a gay disease (CDC says so at the bottom) after listing gay activities to avoid.

@mountaineer

"Gay" literally means "happy",and I have known damn few homosexuals that were genuinely happy.

It was a word the homosexuals picked to use for PR purposes,and a lie.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
@mountaineer

"Gay" literally means "happy",and I have known damn few homosexuals that were genuinely happy.

It was a word the homosexuals picked to use for PR purposes,and a lie.

Guess they won’t like being called sodomites then.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Guess they won’t like being called sodomites then.

@debrawiest

Well,like I used to tell people that irritated me,"You are a "whatever". Deal with it. I didn't make you one,I just identified you."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You know it's bad when they got to use the qualifier 'limit'. From like what, 12 down to 3 or 4?

I know a couple of guys from school that could pretty much bang whatever woman they wanted, and did, and no way could rack up numbers like that on a constant basis.

Some of these homos make bunnies look chaste.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Re my post of July 30:
Andy Ngô 🏳️‍🌈
@MrAndyNgo
Over the last weekend in San Francisco, the #DoreAlley sex festival popular for its gay sex parties & street sex went ahead despite concerns from some that it will be a super spreader for #monkeypox. Some say attendees came with visible symptoms.

8:28 AM · Aug 4, 2022

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re my post of July 30:
Reason 999 to avoid SanFranshitco the present day Sodom and Gomorrah

Offline berdie

Re my post of July 30:

Sex parties and whatever. Just shows how very sheltered I am. I had no idea! But it would seem to me the gay community would remember the AIDS scourge.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sex parties and whatever. Just shows how very sheltered I am. I had no idea! But it would seem to me the gay community would remember the AIDS scourge.

They do remember, very well.  AIDS got them recognized as a political force.  All those dead gays were worthy sacrifices to Baal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
The Folsom Street Fair, usually attended by 400k gay men, in San Francisco, which is a public sex and fetish event, is still scheduled for 09/25.  The official website encourages COVID safety practices on its front page but not monkeypox.
6:30 PM · Aug 4, 2022·

Offline PeteS in CA

The wisdom of not being promiscuous didn't prevail during the late 70s-early 80s AIDS crisis, so why would anyone believe the hyper-promiscuous among gays would magically become prudent now?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The wisdom of not being promiscuous didn't prevail during the late 70s-early 80s AIDS crisis, so why would anyone believe the hyper-promiscuous among gays would magically become prudent now?

I agree.  What happened with AIDS is happening again:  A politically protected, behavior-driven disease is running rampant and the ones not at risk are being blamed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Possible Porcine Aviators sighting!

WaPo wonders: Why aren't health officials urging a certain kind of "social distancing" in monkeypox outbreak?

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022/08/05/wapo-wonders-why-arent-health-officials-urging-a-certain-kind-of-social-distancing-in-monkeypox-outbreak-n487650

Good question, especially since the same health officials had no problem ordering lockdowns and perpetual mask mandates for COVID-19, no matter the strength of the variants in question. Public health officials and elected leaders are announcing emergencies in the spread of monkeypox, the transmission of which has almost exclusively come from unprotected sex between males.

Shouldn’t these health officials make note of that and warn against it? The expert class is suddenly shy about dictating private behavior, the Washington Post reports:

Apparently, unlike SARS CoV 2, this m'pox virus is spread primarily/entirely by contact. IOW, "social distancing" would be very effective, and even the WashPost gets it that a couple months of abstinence from promiscuity would have a huge effect in fighting these epidemics. The. WashPost. Gets. It. But activists will try to get the WashPost to retract and apologize.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

a couple months of abstinence from promiscuity would have a huge effect in fighting these epidemics
Common sense. I don't see it in the "gay" community.

Offline berdie

Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
The Folsom Street Fair, usually attended by 400k gay men, in San Francisco, which is a public sex and fetish event, is still scheduled for 09/25.  The official website encourages COVID safety practices on its front page but not monkeypox.
6:30 PM · Aug 4, 2022·

400k gay men. What could go wrong? Public sex and fetish event?

I went to SF about 20 years ago. Beautiful city. To darn bad, I'll never go back.