Author Topic: Democrats Favored to Win Senate for First Time as Polling Improves: 538  (Read 775 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Favored to Win Senate for First Time as Polling Improves: 538
By Jack Dutton On 7/27/22 at 8:05 AM EDT

For the first time, political polling website FiveThirtyEight shows the Democrats with an edge in the race for the U.S. Senate in November.

The website late on Tuesday showed the Democrats had a 52 percent chance of keeping the Senate majority, while the Republicans had a 48 chance.

There had been consensus for a long time that the Republicans will win back the Senate this fall, buoyed by high inflation and economic downturn under Democrat Joe Biden's presidency.

FiveThirtyEight believes that the Republicans have selected some "weak candidates" in some key races, meaning that they are less likely to take the upper chamber than previously predicted.

The website's Senate forecast has changed since it began polling in early June. Back then, the Democrats were only predicted to have a 40 percent chance to keeping the Senate, with the Republicans 60 percent chance of taking it. Since then, the Democrats have grown in popularity and now for the first time have overtaken the Republicans, and are on course to keep the Senate.

The Senate elections will be held on November 8, with 35 of the Senate seats being contested in regular elections, and the winners will serve six-year terms from January 3, 2023. Of the 35 seats, 21 are Republican-held and 14 are Democratic-held.

The Democrats currently have a wafer-thin majority in the Senate, with 48 seats, two independents, and a tie-breaking vote from Vice President Kamala Harris. The Republicans have 50 seats.

more
https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-favored-win-senate-first-time-538-1728325?piano_t=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I know it's Newseek and 538 but they are right about one thing...Repubs have picked some very weak candidates like Walker and Oz... :shrug:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

I know it's Newseek and 538 but they are right about one thing...Repubs have picked some very weak candidates like Walker and Oz... :shrug:

Unfortunately that is all too true. 

Offline LMAO

Unfortunately that is all too true.

Unless something drastically changes, I don’t see Walker or Oz going to the Senate.

Anything is possible but I’m not betting they’ll win. We’ll have to try again for the Senate next time

The HOR is a different story, though. The GOP will do well there plus some state races
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is the GOP's election to lose, the Democrats' to steal.

Typically, the GOP is relying on the 'not democrat' vote,

and the democrats are setting up the point spread with polls.

What could possibly go wrong?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unless something drastically changes, I don’t see Walker or Oz going to the Senate.

Anything is possible but I’m not betting they’ll win. We’ll have to try again for the Senate next time

The HOR is a different story, though. The GOP will do well there plus some state races

I agree we win the House....but not the Senate and pray Brandon doesn't have to replace, impeach or add a Justice on SCOTUS.
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Well... the nation slipping into recession may also affect things. A lot can happen in a few months.

Offline LMAO

Well... the nation slipping into recession may also affect things. A lot can happen in a few months.

And predicted food and fuel shortages coming this fall will also affect things
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What's the point of electing Republicans who get in bed with Democrats at every opportunity?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I agree we win the House....but not the Senate and pray Brandon doesn't have to replace, impeach or add a Justice on SCOTUS.

If we win the HOR he can't impeach, period. And conviction is pretty much off the table.

OTOH, we need more than a simple majority to stop a USSC justice IMO due to people like Romney.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The GOPe wants to elect McCainiacs to Attorney General, US Senator and Governor in Arizona.  The McCainiacs have been running nothing but negative ads on the good guys (who are leading anyway, despite the McCainiacs' best efforts).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: