Author Topic: Fed's Powell says he does not think US economy is in a recession  (Read 439 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 1 hour ago
Fed's Powell says he does not think US economy is in a recession
Jerome Powell: Strong labor market likely means US not in a recession

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Wednesday he does not believe the U.S. economy is in a recession, despite growing fears that the country's central bank could trigger a downturn with its war on inflation.

"I do not think the U.S. is currently in a recession, and the reason is there are too many areas of the economy that are performing too well," Powell said at the Fed's post-meeting press conference in Washington.

"This is a very strong labor market. … It doesn’t make sense that the economy would be in a recession with this kind of thing happening."

His comments came after policymakers voted unanimously to hike interest rates by 75 basis points for the second consecutive month, putting the federal funds target range between 2.25% to 2.50%, the highest since December 2019. The efforts to bring inflation under control carry risks, and a growing number of economists believe it will be difficult for the Fed to avoid a recession.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/feds-powell-says-he-does-not-think-us-economy-recession
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Fed's Powell says he does not think US economy is in a recession
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 09:58:15 pm »
These people are duplicitous scum...

The labor market is "strong" only because it's trying to recover from the 'rona shutdowns.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 10:22:10 pm »
These people are duplicitous scum...

:amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 10:41:49 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 10:42:20 pm »
From the "You Just Can't Make This Shit Up" Department.

I just saw this on the ticker:

Under the deal, Manchin agreed to support roughly $433 billion in new investments, much of which is focused on climate change and energy production. In total, Democrats say their proposal — now known as the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.