Author Topic: Biden White House talking points redefining recession quickly embraced by media outlets  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 27, 2022 12:06pm EDT
Biden White House talking points redefining recession quickly embraced by media outlets
New York Times, AP, CNN among those pushing White House spin that shifts definition of a recession
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Some liberal media outlets are beginning to fall in line with the Biden administration's spin on redefining what a recession is ahead of the release of potentially devastating economic stats.

Economic data to be revealed on Thursday may show two consecutive quarters of negative gross domestic product (GDP) growth, which has long been the measure that determines whether the U.S. is in a recession.

However, there's been a major push by the White House to preemptively declare that even if the U.S. economy has shrunk in two consecutive quarters, that doesn't necessarily mean the economy is in a recession.

Jared Bernstein of the White House Council of Economic Advisers insisted that neither Biden nor the White House was going to "sugarcoat" the incoming GDP numbers, telling CNN on Saturday that only the National Bureau of Economic Research's Business Cycle Dating Committee can determine whether the U.S. economy is in a recession. Treasure Secretary Janet Yellen asserted on Sunday that two quarters of negative GDP growth is not the "technical definition" of a recession despite acknowledging that it is the "common" definition, defining it on NBC as a "broad-based contraction in the economy" based on a wide range of data.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-white-house-talking-points-redefining-recession-quickly-embraced-media-outlets
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

They “redefined” inflation

They “redefined” Recession

They “redefined” border crisis

They “redefined” genders

They “redefined” shortages and supply chain

They “redefined” criminal activity

We are being led by people who, in a normal world, would be labeled by professionals as having a psychological disorder

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
They “redefined” inflation

They “redefined” Recession

They “redefined” border crisis

They “redefined” genders

They “redefined” shortages and supply chain

They “redefined” criminal activity

We are being led by people who, in a normal world, would be labeled by professionals as having a psychological disorder

They also redefined "vaccination".  We are living with a society/government/media that gaslights us continously on a massive scale.
The old saying....   Don't piss on my boot and saying it's raining" only rings true, until the boot wearer decks the urinator into the next county.

Patiently waiting for the revolt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.