Author Topic: U.S. Supreme Court hands Texas another legal victory on Biden's immigration policies  (Read 279 times)

rebewranger

U.S. Supreme Court hands Texas another legal victory on Biden's immigration policies
By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor Jul 21, 2022 Updated Jul 21, 2022

(The Center Square) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday handed Texas another legal win in an ongoing lawsuit over the Department of Homeland Security’s deportation policy.

Associate Justice Samuel Alito, the Circuit Justice for the Fifth Circuit, denied a request made by the Biden administration to issue a stay of a federal district court’s ruling in favor of Texas. Alito denied the request after the Fifth Circuit denied the same request after a lower court ruling.

Alito granted the administration’s request to have the full Supreme Court hear the case, and he scheduled it for the first week of December.

The lower district court’s nationwide injunction preventing DHS from enforcing its more lax deportation policies remains in effect.

After the decision, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said, “Texas is handing [President Joe] Biden so many huge loses. First Biden tells DHS they don’t have to detain criminal illegals. Court strikes down. Biden appeals. Loses. Biden goes to SCOTUS. Just now, loses again! Feds MUST detain illegals. I’ll keep fighting in court until they do their job!”

https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/national/u-s-supreme-court-hands-texas-another-legal-victory-on-bidens-immigration-policies/article_985160a3-e29b-5542-9304-019211d20436.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 04:16:49 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien