Author Topic: ‘Greenhouse Gas Effect Does Not Exist,’ a Swiss Physicist Challenges Global Warming Climate Orthodox  (Read 490 times)

rebewranger

‘Greenhouse Gas Effect Does Not Exist,’ a Swiss Physicist Challenges Global Warming Climate Orthodoxy
An aticle by Jerome R. Corsi, Ph.D.
July 26, 2022 2_49 PM

Thomas Allmendinger, an independent Swiss physicist, has conducted a series of experiments published in peer-reviewed scientific journals that call into question the physical principles of the greenhouse gas theory.  Thomas Allmendinger, an independent scholar educated at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, has dared to challenge the conventional politically correct climate dictum that CO2 is a greenhouse gas with unique global warming properties.  In a series of articles published in scientific journals, Allmendinger has argued that his experimental research with the thermal absorption of infrared radiation (IR) has proved that “atmospheric trace gases such as carbon dioxide do not have any influence on the climate.”

The theory of greenhouse gases traces back to an 1827 publication by French physicist Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier entitled “Mémoire sur les temperature du globe Terrestre ed de espaces planétaires,” [in English: “Memoir on the temperatures of the terrestrial globe and planetary spaces.”]  Like many metaphors in science, the greenhouse image is deceptive in that it suggests certain gases like water vapor and CO2 act as a shield preventing infrared radiation (IR) emitted by the sun and absorbed by Earth from escaping at night into outer space. 

A source as supposedly authoritative as NASA still elaborates on the greenhouse gas effect as follows:

“A real greenhouse is made of glass, which lets visible sunlight through from the outside.  This light gets absorbed by all the materials inside, and the warmed surfaces radiate infrared light, sometimes called “heat rays,” back.  But the glass, although transparent to visible light, acts as a partial shield to the infrared light.  So, some of this infrared radiation, or heat, gets trapped inside.  The result is that everything inside the greenhouse, including the air, becomes warmers.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2022/07/26/greenhouse-gas-effect-does-not-exist-a-swiss-physicist-challenges-global-warming-climate-orthodoxy/

Online Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Finally, somebody gets it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A modern-day Copernicus speaking out...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yep.

What grieves me is that there are decades of publications that make the patent assumption that anthropogenic global warming is real and fact.  It's much like the old rubber monster movies that assumed nuclear radiation would make the likes of Godzilla or the 50 ft. woman...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Actually, many people have been saying this for years. What's unusual is that a media outlet reported it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien