Author Topic: Same Krugman Who Foretold ‘Global Recession’ Under Trump Says ‘Ignore’ Two-Quarter Rule for Biden  (Read 715 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Same Krugman Who Foretold ‘Global Recession’ Under Trump Says ‘Ignore’ Two-Quarter Rule for Biden
Joseph Vazquez
July 27th, 2022 9:53 AM

The New York Times economics columnist Paul Krugman went from admitting he completely botched his “transitory” inflation calls to gaslighting readers over the possibility of a recession.

Krugman took to Twitter to promote his new column that aligns with the White House’s latest strategy to cast confusion over the meaning of a recession just before the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) is set to release dreaded second-quarter GDP numbers tomorrow. The economy contracted an unnerving 1.6 percent in the first quarter. “Ignore the two-quarter rule,” Krugman bleated. “We might have a recession, but we aren't in one now.” That’s despite the fact that even the leftist Washington Post noted in a July 25 piece that two quarters of negative GDP growth is “generally understood to mean a recession” and that it is “rare for there to be two consecutive quarters of negative GDP without a recession.”

It’s humorous that the so-called economist is currently engaging in this level of stupidity. It was Krugman himself who arbitrarily proclaimed we were “very probably” staring down “a global recession, with no end in sight” after former President Donald Trump’s election in 2016.

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2022/07/27/same-krugman-who-foretold-global-recession-under-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online andy58-in-nh

Nothing to see here....
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Krugman is a two-faced agitprop liar.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing this fool says is believable.

In most cases, the best advice is to do the opposite of what he says.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

Krugman is a two-faced agitprop liar.

He’s also been consistently wrong with his economic predictions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Well in his defense, Krugman is about as consistently right as this mental giant.  :silly:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well in his defense, Krugman is about as consistently right as this mental giant.  :silly:

You mean like this one?
Jim Cramer says he could see ‘9 or 10’ oil companies going bankrupt if crude declines persist
PUBLISHED MON, MAR 9 20205:44 PM EDTUPDATED TUE, MAR 10 20208:08 AM EDT
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/09/cramer-9-or-10-oil-companies-may-go-bankrupt-amid-crude-declines.html
After all of this wise counsel from Cramer, I went on a stock buying spree with several oil companies and pipeline companies.
Overall, these have more than doubled in value since early 2020 and have caused my portfolio to grow instead of shrink.  And the dividends are incredible.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Hoodat

He’s also been consistently wrong with his economic predictions

Krugman is to economics as Biden is to foreign policy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

You're better off getting financial advice from Reddit posters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

Whom won't they give a Nobel Prize to?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright