Author Topic: Several GOP Members Urge Pelosi to Visit Taiwan, While Biden Tries to Convince Her Not to Go  (Read 359 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Several GOP Members Urge Pelosi to Visit Taiwan, While Biden Tries to Convince Her Not to Go
By Levon Satamian | Jul 26, 2022 8:00 AM ET

Several GOP members, including Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, are trying to convince House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to make the trip to Taiwan.

As I reported last week, President Joe Biden told reporters that the military does not think the trip to Taiwan is a good idea, as China might retaliate against Taiwan due to the House Speaker’s visit.

“The military thinks it’s not a good idea right now … but I don’t know what the status of it is.”

Pelosi responded to Biden’s warning, saying:

“You never even hear me say if I’m going to London, because it is a security issue,” she said — while suggesting the Pentagon’s concern is that Beijing would attack her plane, rather than allow it to land in Taipei.

“I think what the president was saying is that maybe the military was afraid that our plane would get shot down, or something like that, by the Chinese ,,, I don’t know exactly. I didn’t see it. I didn’t hear it.”

more
https://redstate.com/levon/2022/07/26/several-gop-members-urge-pelosi-to-visit-taiwan-while-biden-tries-to-convince-her-not-to-go-n601577
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Pelosi should also visit Russia, North Korea, Iran, and that cannibal village on Papua New Guinea that ate Michael Rockefeller ... mmm, breakfast tacos.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Remember, Wrecking Ball Joe is nothing more than a mindless self serving pawn of the CCP.  He will do as ordered by his master, Xi!

Offline Killer Clouds

There is no way China is going to shoot down a US plane especially Pelosi's plane. That would start WWIII.