Author Topic: Democrats see signs for hope in key midterm races  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats see signs for hope in key midterm races
« on: July 26, 2022, 01:15:41 pm »
 The Memo: Democrats see signs for hope in key midterm races
by Niall Stanage - 07/26/22 5:20 AM ET

Democrats are seeing some reasons for optimism amid a grim political environment as they look at this year’s marquee midterm contests.

Even as the party struggles with a plethora of problems — inflation, still-elevated gas prices and President Biden’s low approval ratings, among others — its candidates are putting up an unexpectedly fierce fight in many statewide races.

Democrats are especially enthused about the chance of picking up a Senate seat in Pennsylvania, where several recent polls have given Lt. Gov. John Fetterman (D) the advantage over Republican Mehmet Oz, better known as TV’s “Dr. Oz.”

The Senate race in Georgia has seen GOP nominee and former football star Herschel Walker fumble as he seeks to oust Sen. Raphael Warnock (D).

And, in other races that have not gotten the same level of national attention, Democrats are also growing hopeful about their chances of retaining seats on the endangered list.

In Nevada, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D) has led former state Attorney General Adam Laxalt (R) in several polls, though surveys of the race have been sporadic.

In New Hampshire, Sen. Maggie Hassan (D) leads her potential GOP challengers, though the picture there is complicated because the Republican vote may solidify once an actual nominee is chosen — something that does not happen in the Granite State until September.

Republicans are defending 21 Senate seats while Democrats are seeking to retain 14 spots in the upper chamber. For the GOP to win control of the Senate, they are likely going to have to hold Pennsylvania while winning at least one seat in Georgia, Nevada or New Hampshire. While there are other ways Republicans can win control, one thing is clear: They need to win most of the battleground states.

The landscape in the Senate is much different — and much better for Democrats — than in the House, where virtually everyone in Washington expects Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to lose the gavel after November.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/3573892-the-memo-democrats-see-signs-for-hope-in-key-midterm-races/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats see signs for hope in key midterm races
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 01:16:47 pm »
Hope springs eternal like a Cubs fan every spring.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 01:18:42 pm »
If the GOP blows this, that's the end.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 01:38:58 pm »
If the GOP blows this, that's the end.

Between Walker in Georgia and Oz in Pennsylvania, they probably already blown the Senate

This may end up looking more like 2010 were the Republicans easily and bigly took the House but the Democrats still held the Senate.

But you can’t win them all

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy