Author Topic: ‘Soviet-Style Propaganda’: Republicans Rip Biden White House for Redefining ‘Recession’ amid Economi  (Read 595 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Soviet-Style Propaganda’: Republicans Rip Biden White House for Redefining ‘Recession’ amid Economic Contraction

Joshua Klein 25 Jul 2022

Republican officials in the House and Senate ripped into the Biden administration after it attempted to redefine what constitutes a recession while concerns mount about a significant decline in economic activity this year.

On Thursday, ahead of a potentially negative GDP report expected later this week — the annualized economic growth rate shrank by 1.5% in the first quarter of this year and appears to have contracted even more in the second — a White House blog post attempted to redefine the term “recession.”

“While some maintain that two consecutive quarters of falling real GDP constitute a recession, that is neither the official definition nor the way economists evaluate the state of the business cycle,” it reads, concluding that it is “unlikely that the decline in GDP in the first quarter of this year — even if followed by another GDP decline in the second quarter — indicates a recession.”

In addition, White House National Economic Council director Brian Deese claimed that a second consecutive quarter of negative GDP growth was technically “not a recession.”

In response, Republicans took to Twitter to rip the Biden team for seeking to redefine what a recession is.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/25/soviet-style-propaganda-republicans-rip-biden-white-house-for-redefining-recession-amid-economic-contraction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
These are the same Communist Totalitarians who changed election rules across the entire nation to ensure a Biden victory. This is only the beginning with these fools. They will change the definition of EVERYTHING. Inflation, unemployment, deaths from COVID, will all be, to use their word, 'redefined' to ensure whatever outcome they want. Reality, truth, mean nothing to these fanatical ideologues. The mantra of the American Left has always been, "Reality" is whatever I say it is.

The only issue is recently they are becoming much more in your face about their 'new definitions'. And they are trying to codify their 'beliefs' to be enforced by the American Legal System, making anyone who disagrees with them subject to arrest and incarceration.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

These are the same Communist Totalitarians who changed election rules across the entire nation to ensure a Biden victory. This is only the beginning with these fools. They will change the definition of EVERYTHING. Inflation, unemployment, deaths from COVID, will all be, to use their word, 'redefined' to ensure whatever outcome they want. Reality, truth, mean nothing to these fanatical ideologues. The mantra of the American Left has always been, "Reality" is whatever I say it is.

The only issue is recently they are becoming much more in your face about their 'new definitions'. And they are trying to codify their 'beliefs' to be enforced by the American Legal System, making anyone who disagrees with them subject to arrest and incarceration.

Exactly right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

The Democrat Communist Party has been changing definitions for a long time. What is a recession is the latest one. Ask any of those morons what is a woman and see what kind of stupid answers you get.

Offline LMAO

They can redefined all the economic data and definitions all they want

It doesn’t change what  the American people are feeling
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

They can redefined all the economic data and definitions all they want

It doesn’t change what  the American people are feeling

Nor will it matter when the bill comes due.

Offline dfwgator

Stalin, Khrushchev, and Brezhnev  are on a train, which comes to a sudden stop. They debate what to do:

Stalin says, “Shoot the conductor.”

Khrushchev says, “No, we should rehabilitate the conductor and reform the train staff.”

Brezhnev says, “Let’s cover the windows with curtains and pretend that the train is moving.”

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-