Author Topic: Democrats declare needless emergencies — on COVID and maybe climate change — to grab power  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Democrats declare needless emergencies — on COVID and maybe climate change — to grab power
By Karol Markowicz   
July 24, 2022 6:57pm

An emergency is a dangerous situation requiring action. Someone tell our elected officials — they clearly don’t know the meaning of the term.

Last week, President Joe Biden considered declaring climate change an “emergency.” Pressured by his party’s leftist flank, which can’t enact climate-change legislation and wants a work-around where it doesn’t have to persuade people to accept its ideas, the president ultimately decided to hold off.

But something either is an emergency or isn’t. The president being able to control the timing of that emergency announcement means it isn’t.

Putting aside that there’s no evidence that any climate proposals, even the radical Green New Deal, would have any effect on global climate change, declaring something an emergency when it’s not is simply a naked power grab.

I understand the president’s confusion over what constitutes an emergency. We’ve been living under just this kind of anti-democratic diktat for more than two years.

When COVID hit in early 2020, it was easy to understand why governments declared emergencies across the country. A new virus was spreading, and we had no idea what it was. We allowed our elected officials extra powers to deal with it. That was a mistake.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/democrats-declare-needless-emergencies-to-grab-power/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

The Dems are ginning up crisises to create a false urgency to pass as much of their agenda as possible before they loose complete control of Congress in the 2020 midterms.

It won't work.  Covid is spreading freely among those vaccinated and boosted.  It can no longer be avoided.

Global Climate Change is only a crisis to those not impacted by inflation and shortages.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Folks, we have here what Alfred Hitchcock used to call "The MacGuffin".

The "emergency", whatever precipitates it, doesn't matter, and is of no consequence.

What WILL be "of consequence" are the absolute police and military powers they will acquire by having made the declaration of "an emergency"...