Author Topic: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Says GOP 'Should Be Christian Nationalists' Party  (Read 1455 times)

Offline libertybele

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene Says GOP 'Should Be Christian Nationalists' Party

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene speaks at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit held in Tampa, Florida, on Saturday. (Photo: Joe Raedle via Getty Images)

The Republican Party’s primary focus this year should be on making the political party one of Christian nationalism, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Saturday.

“We need to be the party of nationalism and I’m a Christian, and I say it proudly, we should be Christian nationalists,” she said in an interview with the conservative Next News Network while attending the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Florida.

Greene, who is known for her vocal religious beliefs and for imposing them on others, said the Republican Party should conform to Christianity to make it easier to identify with and sway Christian voters.

“When Republicans learn to represent most of the people that vote for them, then we will be the party that continues to grow without having to chase down certain identities or chase down certain segments of people,” she said. “We just need to represent Americans and most Americans, no matter how they vote, really care about the same things and I want to see Republicans actually do their job.”............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-marjorie-taylor-greene-says-202722384.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

No

It should be the party of limited federal government, fiscal responsibility, law and order, and economic growth

MTG is the GOP’s AOC
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No

It should be the party of limited federal government, fiscal responsibility, law and order, and economic growth

MTG is the GOP’s AOC

I kinda like her spunk.   Do you hate spunk?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

No

MTG is the GOP’s AOC

I don't think she is like AOC at all. MTG is very vocal on conservative issues, stands up for what is right, while AOC takes radical ideas to an absurd and illogical level. She is an attention hoarder and a drama queen that lies.

I agree that the GOP should be about conservatism, fiscal responsibility, limited government and adhering to the Constitution. I am glad that she is speaking out about religious freedom as this country was founded upon Christian principles and we are facing attacks on religion and religious

Advocating for the party to conform or change to become a Christian Nationalist Party is only going to draw opposition and enforces the idea that the GOP is the party of white, rich, Christians. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

MTG and AOC are opposite sides of the same coin. I agree with most of what MTG says but this kind of stuff makes her sound like a whack job like AOC.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
She certainly has a knack for saying things that trigger the progressives, I will give her that.  Other than Trump, she is the one they most love to hate.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Her comments are moronic, completely moronic.

This country was founded on Christian values, and none of the founders found it necessary to inject religion into the creation of a government at the federal level.  Yet these men had strong moral beliefs rooted in Christianity.  Greene is a mouthy fool, exactly like AOC.  I doubt anyone on either side of the fence much like them because their big mouths produce little to no results. 

Biden appears to have embraced the liberal nonsense of the AOC whack jobs, but what he is doing is destroying our country for the CCP, who really controls the strings that pull his sorry *ss.  Biden is the worst kind of traitor, and the idiot Democommies are clueless where his loyalties rest.  The CCP owns his and his whole family.  If what he and his family have done do not classify them as traitors, what exactly does it take to become a traitor these days?

I want real leaders, with insight, that bring solutions to problems.  Greene's rhetoric is empty and meaningless.  She accomplishes nothing with her big mouth.  Even AOC is getting pushed out by her own Dems in New York.

We need more folks like Ron DeSantis that looks at problems and brings forth real solutions.  Even in regard to Trump, his empty rhetoric is not what is needed right now.  He promised to build a wall, he didn't.  He promised DAY ONE to end the H1-b Visa Program, and months into his presidency, he kissed the posterior of the tech billionaires and increased the numbers for the H1-b Visa Program.

Anyone  involved with system development in the USA know it is flooded with folks from India, low cost workers that have displaced American workers right here in the USA, and that does not reflect all the work sent to India, China and Ukraine, once done right here by USA workers.  American citizens are getting sh*t on every damn day, and Trump offered to promise to end it, but instead betrayed the American white and blue collar workers for his billionaire class cohorts.

TIME FOR AMERICANS TO WAKE THE F*** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:26:03 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
..no establishment of (a state) religion.

plain and simple.

But embracing the Constitution and fiscal responsibility work for me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline andy58-in-nh

She really is our own AOC - bigger mouth than brain.

Yeah, the GOP needs to be the exclusive party of perhaps 15% of the population. That'll work just swell.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

..no establishment of (a state) religion.

plain and simple.

But embracing the Constitution and fiscal responsibility work for me.

As a point of order, a party is not of the state, and is not therefore any sort of establishment of a state religion. So a christian nationalist party would not be any threat or infringement of Constitutional mores.

That being said, it was an incredibly stupid statement, and short of sight. This is the ignorance of populists.

Christians are welcomed into Conservatism, particularly under Reagan as the bulk of social conservatism is based in Christianity.... And Christians are NEEDED in Conservatism, for their principles and for their size - Without Christians, there would be no viable coalition... Typically the single largest voting bloc on the planet. But Socons are not enough on their own. And 'nationalist' is hardly a definition of anything else.

What the party should be is what it has historically promised to be: Conservative. In whatever else it may do or represent, it should first serve as a vehicle for Conservatism... Which, btw, encapsulates within it both the principles of Christianity and probably whatever one may think 'nationalism' is.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She really is our own AOC - bigger mouth than brain.

Yeah, the GOP needs to be the exclusive party of perhaps 15% of the population. That'll work just swell.

No one can top AOC  She is the Anus Of Congress.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
OTOH, 95% else of what she says is spot on.

Yeah, this was a dumb thing to say, but on the whole, I got to give her a pass.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, what I am hearing is ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So, what I am hearing is ...

If that is what you are hearing, you are as f'ed up as our left wing enemies. 

I saw nothing even remote to racism or the KKK in her post.  Her mistake was hawking a potential political party that is exclusionary.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who was MTG meaning to exclude?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 02:08:18 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Who was MTG meaning to exclude?

2A or guns aren't even mentioned in the op-ed. 
Strong outspoken southern conservative women make you nervous?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In certain circles, "Christian" is code for reactionary, white, Protestant.

"Nationalist" is code for the re-establsihment of reactionary white, male, Protestant cultural and political hegemony in the United States.

MTG is free to say whatever she wants.  Frankly, the more she speaks, the better.  The more we know how she thinks and what she believes, the better insight we'll have into what she and her peers are planning.

MTG never said whom she wanted to exlude; only those she'd like to include - "Christian(s)" "Nationalist(s)" - those like herself.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

MTG never said whom she wanted to exlude; only those she'd like to include - "Christian(s)" "Nationalist(s)" - those like herself.

We are in agreement there.  And that was a mistake on her behalf.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

A mistake, or a Freudian slip?

Offline libertybele

No one can top AOC  She is the Anus Of Congress.

888high58888

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I have no complaints with what Ms. Taylor Greene is saying.

"Onward Christian Soldiers...!"

And re Joe's post #7.
Although I don't suggest the creation of any particular "state religion", there is at least ONE "religion" of which I would like to see all Constitutional protections REMOVED. And I'm completely serious in that assertion.

Re RINO's post #14.
Interesting image. Is it not so far removed from Apostle John's prediction of Christ returning with a sword in his mouth...?

RINO wrote in #16:
""Nationalist" is code for the re-establsihment of reactionary white, male, Protestant cultural and political hegemony in the United States."

Hmmm.... sounds pretty good to me. And once more, I'm completely serious in that assertion. Sorry if you are offended.

Once again, Marjorie:
"Onward Christian Soldiers...!"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No.  MTG has gone round the twist on this one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
OTOH, 95% else of what she says is spot on.

Yeah, this was a dumb thing to say, but on the whole, I got to give her a pass.
True, that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis