Author Topic: New Billboard in Times Square Trolls ‘Elite Pete’ Buttigieg — ‘Let Them Drive Electric Cars!’  (Read 720 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Billboard in Times Square Trolls ‘Elite Pete’ Buttigieg — ‘Let Them Drive Electric Cars!’
By Cassandra Fairbanks
Published July 23, 2022 at 4:00pm

A new billboard is popping up in Times Square to troll Biden’s Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg for believing that people who are struggling at the gas pump should buy expensive electric vehicles instead.

The billboard was purchased by the Job Creator’s Network, an small business advocacy organization launched by Bernie Marcus, the co-founder and former CEO of Home Depot.

The billboard reads, “PAIN AT THE PUMP? ELITE PETE SAYS, ‘LET THEM DRIVE ELECTRIC CARS'”

https://twitter.com/JobCreatorsUSA/status/1550512276641353728

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/new-billboard-times-square-trolls-elite-pete-buttigieg-let-drive-electric-cars/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

The 'Let them eat cake' analogy is quite apropos.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
The 'Let them eat cake' analogy is quite apropos.

I am guessing you live in the great white north. 

Imagine starting an EV at -40?, and hoping it doesn't stop on you. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

I am guessing you live in the great white north. 

Imagine starting an EV at -40?, and hoping it doesn't stop on you.

Yes I do... Just 60 miles from the Canadian border, high in the Rockies... And what you suggest cannot be imagined... you do NOT want to be caught out in the back country with a dead rig. I know, I've seen me do it.

Inevitably, the available power in an EV goes down with heater use... with hills (not to mention actual grades), and cold (not to mention bitter cold). Unless you're a townie, the idea of an electric car is just laughable.

More than that, rural life requires a readiness that most folks don't think about - There's a whole sawbox in the back of my truck, full of necessary options. My fat butt wouldn't fit in one of them golf carts, not to mention that sawbox... where do I put that? And coming to town, it is not uncommon to pick up things to haul back home... Like a tractor wheel-and-tire... A load of firewood... a pile of feed. Where does all that go?

The whole dang idea is dumb as dirt. That dog don't hunt.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Yes I do... Just 60 miles from the Canadian border, high in the Rockies... And what you suggest cannot be imagined... you do NOT want to be caught out in the back country with a dead rig. I know, I've seen me do it.

Inevitably, the available power in an EV goes down with heater use... with hills (not to mention actual grades), and cold (not to mention bitter cold). Unless you're a townie, the idea of an electric car is just laughable.

More than that, rural life requires a readiness that most folks don't think about - There's a whole sawbox in the back of my truck, full of necessary options. My fat butt wouldn't fit in one of them golf carts, not to mention that sawbox... where do I put that? And coming to town, it is not uncommon to pick up things to haul back home... Like a tractor wheel-and-tire... A load of firewood... a pile of feed. Where does all that go?

I have rural property too, and know what you are talking about.  This GND shit is the reason I will never let loose of my '07 Titan.  Sucker is a flex fuel vehicle, and will run nicely on pure ethanol. I have no idea how far this insanity will go, but I am not taking any chances.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

It does to city creatures who go back and forth to work in helicopters or limo's.

After all,why should THEY suffer,when it is the "little people who burn 90 percent of the gas while driving back and forth to their useless,menial jobs? They should live in government or corporate apartments in compounds so they don't need to drive in order to free up all that gas for important people,like us?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

Not sure if that'll really get the intended effect since it's in Times Square, and NYC is mostly full of liberals who are insensate to reality.

Online roamer_1

I have rural property too, and know what you are talking about.  This GND shit is the reason I will never let loose of my '07 Titan.  Sucker is a flex fuel vehicle, and will run nicely on pure ethanol. I have no idea how far this insanity will go, but I am not taking any chances.

It's what is keeping me in old square-body Chevys. Parts are getting harder to find, and I may have to make the jump up into the 90s or 00s... But turning those back to analog is a chore. And I don't need no satellite connected machine that can be shut down on a whim. Ask modern John Deere owners about that crap.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

It does to city creatures who go back and forth to work in helicopters or limo's.

After all,why should THEY suffer,when it is the "little people who burn 90 percent of the gas while driving back and forth to their useless,menial jobs? They should live in government or corporate apartments in compounds so they don't need to drive in order to free up all that gas for important people,like us?"

@sneakypete

I have found that most city folks don't have a dang clue what it takes to live a rural life. I mean not a friggin clue. I have had people curse me because I kill fuzzy woodland creatures. That I butcher poor little farm animals... Why don't I buy my meat in the store like I am supposed to... That ought to speak volumes to you.

Same goes with guns... You don't need a gun. Call the police. Call animal control. They just don't have any damn clue.

To put authority over me into the hands of folks like that 3000 miles away. Well, oh hell no. It should be no wonder at all why I wont trust em for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 03:01:26 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I have found that most city folks don't have a dang clue what it takes to live a rural life. I mean not a friggin clue. I have had people curse me because I kill fuzzy woodland creatures. That I butcher poor little farm animals... Why don't I buy my meat in the store like I am supposed to... That ought to speak volumes to you.

Same goes with guns... You don't need a gun. Call the police. Call animal control. They just don't have any damn clue.

To put authority over me into the hands of folks like that 3000 miles away. Well, oh hell no. It should be no wonder at all why I wont trust em for nothing.

@roamer_1

"Call the police". Under the heading of "No good deed goes unpunished",that is exactly what I did yesterday when I went to the semi-local Hardees (only 15 miles away),and spotted a 1 ton crew cab 4x4 with big tires parked in one of the two handicapped parking spaces,with not a handicapped sticker or tag in sight.

I just called 9-11 and reported it before even getting out of my car,KNOWING whoever it was would be long gone before a cop showed up.

So I go in there and order,and the guy in line before me sees the CIB on my hat and my "US Paratrooper" tattoo,and just goes ahead and pays for me breakfast. Never seen him before in my life,but I thank him for the breakfast and go sit to eat it.

Guess who owned the truck I called the cops on?

Yup,you guessed it. The cop came right inside the Hardees and told the guy he was going to give him a ticket,and to come outside once he got his order.

AND......,since he and I were the only ones ordering and getting orders at that time,it was pretty obvious who called the cops on him. Everybody else in there was already sitting down and eating when he went in.

"No good deed goes unpunished" seems to be one the truest statements ever conceived,and in this case,we both got it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!