Author Topic: Sweden and Finland want to join NATO, but these 18 Republicans voted no  (Read 512 times)

Offline libertybele

Sweden and Finland want to join NATO, but these 18 Republicans voted no

The United States House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly in favor of a resolution that supports Finland and Sweden joining the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) — but there were some notable “no” votes.

The Nordic countries, which have a long history of neutrality when it comes to global alliances, applied to be part of NATO in May, a few months after Russia invaded Ukraine. Finland has a land border with Russia, which NATO has called a “direct threat.”

The bipartisan resolution passed in the House in a 394-18 vote on Monday, with only Republican members voting “no.” Nineteen other congressional members did not submit a vote, including two Democrats and 17 Republicans.

The GOP representatives who voted against it include:

Rep. Andy Biggs (AZ)
    Rep. Dan Bishop (NC)
    Rep. Lauren Boebert (CO)
    Rep. Madison Cawthorn (NC)
    Rep. Ben Cline (VA)
    Rep. Michael Cloud (TX)
    Rep. Warren Davidson (OH)
    Rep. Matt Gaetz (FL)
    Rep. Bob Good (OH)
    Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (GA)
    Rep. H. Morgan Griffith (VA)
    Rep. Thomas Massie (KY)
    Rep. Tom McClintock (CA)
    Rep. Mary E. Miller (IL)
    Rep. Ralph Norman (SC)
    Rep. Matthew M. Rosendale Sr. (MT)
    Rep. Chip Roy (TX)
    Rep. Jefferson Van Drew (NJ)

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sweden-and-finland-want-to-join-nato-but-these-18-republicans-voted-no-11658251617?cx_testId=22&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=7&mod=home-page-cx#cxrecs_s
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

I'm all for deglobalization. I think what some conservatives are not seeing is a strengthen NATO, both Sweden and Finland have high quality militaries, and Ukraine defeating Russia will create the perfect opportunity for the USA to pull out of NATO. A weakened NATO and a strengthen Russia creates the need for the USA to remain.

Also, if we deglobalize the need to maintain such a large Navy and Army is greatly reduced.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Killer Clouds

I'm all for deglobalization. I think what some conservatives are not seeing is a strengthen NATO, both Sweden and Finland have high quality militaries, and Ukraine defeating Russia will create the perfect opportunity for the USA to pull out of NATO. A weakened NATO and a strengthen Russia creates the need for the USA to remain.

Also, if we deglobalize the need to maintain such a large Navy and Army is greatly reduced.
If they keep sissifying and weakening our military they  will have no choice but to drop out of NATO.