Author Topic: Biden Warns Pelosi About Her Potential Trip to Taiwan, as China Threatens 'Strong Measures'  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Warns Pelosi About Her Potential Trip to Taiwan, as China Threatens 'Strong Measures'
By Levon Satamian | Jul 21, 2022 4:15 PM ET

On Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said that President Biden has not directly spoken to her about an official trip to Taiwan.

Although Biden did not directly warn Pelosi, he did comment on the potential trip on Wednesday. He mentioned that the Pentagon is attempting to discourage the visit to Taiwan, due to concern about facing backlash from China. Biden said:

“The military thinks it’s not a good idea right now … but I don’t know what the status of it is.”

Pelosi did not say whether the trip was officially happening or not:

“You never even hear me say if I’m going to London, because it is a security issue,” she said — while suggesting the Pentagon’s concern is that Beijing would attack her plane, rather than allow it to land in Taipei.

“I think what the president was saying is that maybe the military was afraid that our plane would get shot down, or something like that, by the Chinese ,,, I don’t know exactly. I didn’t see it. I didn’t hear it.”

more
https://redstate.com/levon/2022/07/21/biden-warns-pelosi-about-her-potential-trip-to-taiwan-as-china-threatens-strong-measures-n599187
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Bidet is doing his master's bidding.

Offline Killer Clouds

China is not dumb enough to shoot down a plane like that. They know it would start WWIII.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Is she looking for more tech company insider info for her husband?

Why does she need to go to Taiwan?  The US House of Representatives has less of a Constitutional role for foreign relations than Executive and the US Senate.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What's that, the chicoms might shoot the mad queen of heart's plane down? Go Pelosi go! Sorry to all the personnel on the plane but your sacrifice will be for the good of all Americans.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Is she looking for more tech company insider info for her husband?

Why does she need to go to Taiwan?  The US House of Representatives has less of a Constitutional role for foreign relations than Executive and the US Senate.

Exactly. She needs to sit down and STHU. This nutso diva needs to stay out of things above her paygrade.
The Republic is lost.