Author Topic: NYT’s Krugman: ‘I Was Wrong About Inflation’ — There Was Stuff ‘that Nobody Saw Coming’  (Read 782 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT’s Krugman: ‘I Was Wrong About Inflation’ — There Was Stuff ‘that Nobody Saw Coming’

Trent Baker 21 Jul 2022

Thursday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman discussed his NYT op-ed about how he was “wrong” about inflation.

Krugman explained that there was stuff “that nobody saw coming,” such as Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine and supply chain issues.

“On inflation, Paul says he was wrong about the issue,” host Mika Brzezinski said in introducing Krugman. “Paul, let’s start with that. Welcome back to the show. Tell us about your piece and … what did you think you got wrong?”

“Well, partly it’s that there is stuff that … that nobody saw coming,” Krugman replied. “Nobody saw Putin invading Ukraine. I think nobody really thought about logistic supply chains or any of that stuff until suddenly it became a big problem.”

“But part of it is that we did, in fact, end up with what is clearly an overheated economy,” he continued. “And the effect of that overheating on inflation was bigger than this past experience would have led us to believe. So, it is always dangerous to extrapolate from the past, and in this case … I thought it was possible that we offer heat; I didn’t think given the historical relationship that it would lead to this much inflation.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/21/nyts-krugman-i-was-wrong-about-inflation-there-was-stuff-that-nobody-saw-coming/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

The real title should be

NYT’s Krugman: ‘I was wrong and will continue to be wrong on economics’
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Sorry, Idiot-boy Krugman, but the current inflation is due to economic fundamentals that plenty of us saw coming at least a year ago.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Online Hoodat

What has Krugman ever been right about?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
NYT’s Krugman: ‘I Was Wrong About Inflation’ — There Was Stuff ‘that Nobody Saw Coming’

Needlessly infusing $5T into an economy  with no tangible investment in infrastructure or manufacturing development?

When did they stop teaching the term "dilution" in ECON 101?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What has Krugman ever been right about?

Admitting he was wrong!  There is a first time for everything I guess.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien