Author Topic: House Judiciary Democrats Vote Yes and Pass ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban with No GOP Support  (Read 286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Judiciary Democrats Vote Yes and Pass ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban with No GOP Support

AWR Hawkins 20 Jul 2022

House Judiciary Committee Democrats aligned and voted unanimously to pass an “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday while committee Republicans all voted against the measure.

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-CA) tweeted:

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1549946091570958336

MSNBC executive producer Kyle Griffin noted, “The House Judiciary Committee today advanced the Assault Weapons Ban Act of 2021 that would ban the sale, import, manufacture or transfer of certain semi-automatic weapons.”

Griffin added, “Today’s committee action marks the first markup of the assault weapons ban since 1994.”

On July 15, 2022, Breitbart News warned that the House Judiciary Committee would be taking up the “assault weapons” ban, noting that the legislation would ban at least 45 specific AR-15 platform rifles and approximately 30 AK-47s.

The bill would ban the manufacture and sale of at least 45 specific AR-15 rifles , including, “Bushmaster ACR, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster MOE series, Bushmaster XM15, Chiappa Firearms MFour rifles, Colt Match Target rifles, CORE Rifle Systems CORE15 rifles, Daniel Defense M4A1 rifles, Devil Dog Arms 15 Series rifles,” as well as the Diamondback DB15 rifles.

The bill would also ban the manufacture and sale of all AR-pistols, and specifically naming thirteen that are specifically listed: “American Spirit AR–15 pistol, Bushmaster Carbon 15 pistol, Chiappa Firearms M4 Pistol GEN II, CORE Rifle Systems CORE15 Roscoe pistol, Daniel Defense MK18 pistol, DoubleStar Corporation AR pistol, DPMS AR–15 pistol, Jesse James Nomad AR–15 pistol, Olympic Arms AR–15 pistol, Osprey Armament MK–18 pistol, POF USA AR pistols, Rock River Arms LAR 15 pistol,” and the “Uselton Arms Air-Lite M–4 pistol.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/20/house-judiciary-democrats-vote-yes-pass-assault-weapons-ban-zero-gop-support/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

This is huge.  Here is the full text of the bill H.R. 1808:

“(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

“(A) A semiautomatic rifle that—

“(i) has a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

“(ii) does have any 1 of the following:

“(I) A pistol grip.

“(II) A forward grip.

“(III) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock, or is otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability, of the weapon.

“(IV) A grenade launcher.

“(V) A barrel shroud.

“(VI) A threaded barrel.

“(B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

“(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic firearm but not convert the semiautomatic firearm into a machinegun.

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that—

“(i) has a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

“(I) A threaded barrel.

“(II) A second pistol grip.

“(III) A barrel shroud.

“(IV) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(V) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(VI) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.

“(VII) A stabilizing brace or similar component.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

“(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that—

“(i) has the capacity to utilize a magazine that is not a fixed magazine; and

“(I) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.

“(II) A pistol grip or bird's head grip.

“(III) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.

“(IV) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.

“(V) A forward grip.

“(VI) A grenade launcher.

“(G) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

“(H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:

“(i) All AK types, including the following:..............................

More:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1808/text?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22assault+weapons+ban%22%2C%22assault%22%2C%22weapons%22%2C%22ban%22%5D%7D&r=2&s=1
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Unconstitutional, on its face.