Author Topic: Secret Service turns over single message to Jan. 6 panel: ‘I smell a rat’  (Read 374 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Secret Service turns over single message to Jan. 6 panel: ‘I smell a rat’
by Rebecca Beitsch and Mychael Schnell - 07/20/22 3:27 PM ET

The only text message the Secret Service turned over to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol was a plea from then-Capitol Police officer Steven Sund asking for help.

Lawmakers on the panel are increasingly confused and irritated by the lack of messages from the Secret Service after it subpoenaed the records following a letter from a government watchdog indicating that messages had been “erased” during a device replacement program.

“That’s all that we have,” Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-Fla.) told The Hill.

A source close to the Secret Service previously told The Hill that Sund had contacted the Secret Service on Jan. 6 requesting assistance.

“That message was captured and it was turned over,” the source said.

The Secret Service has denied that it maliciously deleted any text messages but has said some data was lost during a system migration.

Agency spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Secret Service policy prohibits using text messages due to security concerns, but that the initial 20 agents whose records were requested did not have phones impacted by the migration.

He said there were no “hidden messages” the agency was concealing or anything else officials were “holding out” from the panel.

Lawmakers on the panel have said they are hopeful the Secret Service will be able to recover the information from the phones even though they were wiped.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3567781-secret-service-turns-over-single-message-to-jan-6-panel-i-smell-a-rat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

So, assuming for the sake of argument that the Secret Service intentionally deleted these messages - contrary to their statements - to whose benefit would such a deletion likely go?  One might think that it would be to the benefit of President Trump, but it could also be to the benefit of those who want to destroy President Trump if the text messages would have revealed that what Trump has been claiming all along is actually the truth.

I tend to go with the latter explanation - they were destroyed in order to deprive Trump of evidence of his innocence, not to protect him.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What I find amusing is the democraps being angry and accusing the SS of doing exactly what they do all the damn time, like Hitlary wiping drives with malicious intent.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So, assuming for the sake of argument that the Secret Service intentionally deleted these messages - contrary to their statements - to whose benefit would such a deletion likely go?  One might think that it would be to the benefit of President Trump, but it could also be to the benefit of those who want to destroy President Trump if the text messages would have revealed that what Trump has been claiming all along is actually the truth.

I tend to go with the latter explanation - they were destroyed in order to deprive Trump of evidence of his innocence, not to protect him.

I can guaran-freaking-tee you that at least ONE Secret Service agent texted another saying this was incitement to riot by FBI agents masquerading as Patriots.

It's why that meme teasing Hillary Clinton's refusal to sell the FBI for $14B is so funny! 

The FBI is a political weapon of the Left.  The entire structure needs to be restocked with graduates from Hillsdale College.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald