Author Topic: Buttigieg: 'The More Pain' You Feel at the Gas Pump, the Higher the Benefit of an EV  (Read 813 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Buttigieg: 'The More Pain' You Feel at the Gas Pump, the Higher the Benefit of an EV
 By Bradley Cortright  July 19, 2022 at 3:01pm

Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg speaks about infrastructure and the Hudson River Tunnels during a press conference at Penn Station in New York, on June 28, 2021. - Buttigieg joins Democratic New York Senator Chuck Schumer after the tour Monday morning to discuss funding for the $11 billion project to build a new tunnel.

Paying near record-high prices for gas may be hitting your wallet hard, but according to Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, that will just make an electric vehicle all the more worth it.

During a House hearing on Tuesday, Buttigieg said, “The more pain we are all experiencing from the high price of gas, the more benefit there is for those who can access electric vehicles.”

Watch the video below:

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1549447807286878208

more
https://ijr.com/buttigieg-pain-feel-gas-pump-higher-benefit-ev/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
According to Kelly Blue Book, the average price of an electric vehicle (EV) is roughly $60,000. As CNBC notes, that is “roughly $10,000 higher than the overall industry average of $46,329 that includes gas and EVs.

“In terms of pricing, an EV is equivalent to an entry-level luxury car,” it added.

On top of paying for the car, EV owners can spend around $2,000 to install “Level 2” chargers that can charge their vehicle in less than eight hours.

Otherwise, “Level 1” charges can take up to 40 hours to charge the vehicle.

more at above link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

According to Kelly Blue Book, the average price of an electric vehicle (EV) is roughly $60,000. As CNBC notes, that is “roughly $10,000 higher than the overall industry average of $46,329 that includes gas and EVs.

“In terms of pricing, an EV is equivalent to an entry-level luxury car,” it added.

On top of paying for the car, EV owners can spend around $2,000 to install “Level 2” chargers that can charge their vehicle in less than eight hours.

Otherwise, “Level 1” charges can take up to 40 hours to charge the vehicle.

more at above link

Story in the news that a family that bought an EV had to replace a battery and the battery cost more than the vehicle.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/florida-family-electric-car-problem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just promoting the Superfund sites of the future, because all of those batteries and the cars will have to be disposed of at some point.

Yes, ICE vehicles reach an end of service life, but at today's prices many older ones can be rebuilt for less than the cost of a new one if you are fortunate enough to live somewhere the bodywork doesn't rust away.

Mine are all 20th century vehicles, and at some point will likely end up recycled for their metal content, including the batteries that start them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

Is there anyone left that doesn't believe all this is intentional? They themselves admit the suffering they are inflicting on us is intentional
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
BDSM Butt gig is just trying to say a little pain to go along with this con makes it all the sweeter, especially if your some one that has deeply invested in EV stocks.  I kept telling people that the democrats invest heavily in those the believe in and receive donation, and the American people damn sure ain't it.  Still, there are so many that thrill in Bidens Butt Gig and his buddies bending them over endlessly, and many brazenly so;.

Anythings better than Trump, vote biden, remember?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Story in the news that a family that bought an EV had to replace a battery and the battery cost more than the vehicle.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/florida-family-electric-car-problem-replacement-battery-costs-more-vehicle

@libertybele

Car is dead at 60k miles... good grief what a rip-off... My truck is reaching 200k and still going strong.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Car is dead at 60k miles... good grief what a rip-off... My truck is reaching 200k and still going strong.

Indeed a rip-off @Sighlass  the last vehicle I had, had over 120,000 miles on it before I traded it in and back in the early '70's I had a Pontiac Sunbird that had over 100,000 miles on it before I sold it when I got married. I loved that car, the only thing I ever had to do to it was put on brakes and oil  changes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

Is there anyone left that doesn't believe all this is intentional? They themselves admit the suffering they are inflicting on us is intentional
Yes and no. Stupid people often do things believing they are doing good.
 I don't give Bootyjunk that benefit of the doubt, but the old adage "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" still holds true for many lib/leftist pols.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This idiot is just one big dumb@ss.

To intentionally inflict pain on people to get what they want in order to gain extremely questionable benefits is the height of destructive actions.

Am thinking people should begin to be prosecuted for cruel and unusual punishment.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington