Author Topic: McConnell: Trump will face ‘crowded’ GOP field if he runs for president  (Read 540 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 McConnell: Trump will face ‘crowded’ GOP field if he runs for president
by Alexander Bolton - 07/19/22 3:46 PM ET

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says former President Trump will face a lot of competition in a Republican primary if he runs for president in 2024. 

McConnell, who usually avoids commenting on the former president, predicted that the 2024 Republican primary won’t be a cakewalk for Trump if he runs again. 

“I think we’re going to have a crowded field for president. I assume most of that will unfold later and people will be picking their candidates in a crowded primary field,” he told reporters when asked whether he would oppose Trump or stay neutral in the 2024 Senate Republican primary. 

The relationship between Trump and McConnell has been strained since McConnell recognized that Joe Biden was elected president by a vote of the Electoral College in December 2020. 

Trump routinely attacks McConnell, often using the nickname “Old Crow” and disparaging his leadership of the Senate Republican Conference. 

Speculation has mounted in recent weeks that Trump will announce his campaign for president this summer or in the early fall to freeze support for potential rivals, such as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R).

Trump said recently that he has already made a decision about whether to launch another run for president and now is weighing only whether to announce his decision before or after the midterm election on Nov. 8. 

“I feel very confident that if I decide to run, I’ll win,” he told New York Magazine. “Well, in my own mind, I’ve already made that decision, so nothing factors in anymore.” 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3566233-mcconnell-trump-will-face-crowded-gop-field-if-he-runs-for-president/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Don't think so.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
McConnell:
Trump will face ‘crowded’ GOP field if he runs for president

Fishrrman:
As soon as Mr. Trump declares he's running, the other "contenders" will disappear. There won't even be a need for GOP primaries in most states.

Online libertybele

McConnell:
Trump will face ‘crowded’ GOP field if he runs for president

Fishrrman:
As soon as Mr. Trump declares he's running, the other "contenders" will disappear. There won't even be a need for GOP primaries in most states.

IF Trump runs, I agree, I doubt many will run against him.  McConnell just needs to shut up and step down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I see Mitch,the Bitch is still having nightmares about Trump becoming President and upsetting his apple cart.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Turtle is doing more damage to our cause than our enemies.

This capitualting bastard needs to retire.....   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Nothing new about that! We could have MANY more conservatives in the senate if the turtle had left the decisions to the voters!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Come on, Mitch...sixteen others in 2016 wasn't "crowded"?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

This capitualting bastard needs to retire.....

"OUR CAUSE". You mean for his bank account/retirement fund,and his Chinese wife's cause,right?
@catfish1957
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!