Author Topic: Biden to sign executive order to build on efforts to bring American hostages home  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 19, 2022 9:07am EDT
Biden to sign executive order to build on efforts to bring American hostages home
The State Department will add travel advisory risk indicators for 'wrongful detention' of Americans to China, Iran, Russia, Burma, Korea, Venezuela

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Biden will sign an executive order Tuesday that will authorize the U.S. to impose sanctions on foreign nations that wrongfully detain Americans while providing greater transparency to the families of hostages, including intelligence sharing, in an effort to bring Americans home.

In conjunction with the new executive order, the State Department will update its travel advisory risk indicator to include a "D" for wrongful detention abroad, in an effort to inform Americans and highlight the countries where there is an "elevated risk" of wrongful detention.

Senior administration officials said that the State Department on Tuesday will slap a "D" indicator on China, Iran, Russia, Burma, Korea and Venezuela.

A senior administration official said the president’s executive order, "Bolstering Efforts to Bring Hostages and Wrongfully Detained United States Nationals Home," will help to expand the "tool kit to help bring American hostages and wrongful detainees home."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-sign-executive-order-build-efforts-bring-home-american-hostages
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, they weren't trying to bring American hostages home before?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 02:12:05 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Another EO and another fart in the wind by Brandon Falls.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I must be dense but I don't understand what this EO does...does it mean they never try to bring American hostages home and need this EO to do so.....this is all for show imho.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I must be dense but I don't understand what this EO does...does it mean they never try to bring American hostages home and need this EO to do so.....this is all for show imho.
I think it's all show and no go by Brandon to cover his Depends over all the flak he has been taking for not bringing home that mentally ill drug using basketball player from Russia. I think old Joe is trying to rip the moniker of Captain EO from Michael Jackson.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 05:08:48 pm by GtHawk »