Author Topic: Recession May Already Be Here.. Tyler Durden  (Read 195 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Recession May Already Be Here.. Tyler Durden
« on: July 19, 2022, 01:19:14 pm »
Recession May Already Be Here

by Tyler Durden
Monday, Jul 18, 2022 - 07:38 AM

Authored by Daniel Lacalle,

The debate about recession risk is pointless. We are already in a recession. Real GDP (gross domestic product) in the United States declined at an annual rate of 1.6% in the first quarter.

The Atlanta Fed Nowcast shows a 1.5% contraction in the second quarter. But the underlying figures are scarier. According to the Atlanta Fed, “the GDPNow model estimate for real GDP growth (seasonally adjusted annual rate) in the second quarter of 2022 is -1.5% on July 15, down from -1.2% on July 8”. That is an enormous negative change, -0.3% of GDP, in one week.

They go on to say that “the nowcast of second quarter real personal consumption expenditures growth and real gross private domestic investment growth decreased from 1.9% and -13.7%, respectively, to 1.5% and -13.8%, respectively”.

Investment is collapsing, consumption is barely kept alive and if we look at other components, imports are soaring while exports rise less than expected.

more
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/recession-may-already-be-here
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Recession May Already Be Here.. Tyler Durden
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 02:06:13 pm »
Is the recession hiding under my bed, in my closet, or outside my house?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Recession May Already Be Here.. Tyler Durden
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 02:31:33 pm »
The recession benchmark of two consecutive quarters of negative GDP is considered a "lagging indicator."  So, when the report that shows this comes out, it means that we've already been in a recession for some time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: