Author Topic: VP Harris: 'We will not let the filibuster stand in our way' in protecting voting rights, abortion a  (Read 284 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 July 18, 2022 2:12pm EDT
VP Harris: 'We will not let the filibuster stand in our way' in protecting voting rights, abortion access
Kamala Harris said the filibuster will not stand in the way of protecting voting and abortion rights

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday said she and President Biden "will not let the filibuster stand in our way" on protecting abortion access and voting rights, while urging voters to cast ballots in November’s midterm elections to protect "our most essential rights and freedoms."

Harris, speaking at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey, Monday, said leaders of the organization have "fought hard to move our nation forward."

"And yet we must recognize that there are those who are fighting to drag us backward," Harris said. "Extremist so-called leaders who are fighting to drag us backward. Extremist so-called leaders who are attempting to undermine our democracy and assault our most fundamental freedoms."

The freedoms Harris listed included "the freedom to be safe from gun violence, the freedom to make decisions about our own bodies and the freedom to vote."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/harris-not-let-filibuster-stand-our-way-protecting-voting-rights-abortion-access
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

I regard Harris...and AOC as unfortunate back ground noise. I do fear that not everyone does.

Online libertybele

I regard Harris...and AOC as unfortunate back ground noise. I do fear that not everyone does.

Background noise yes, but their intent to adhering to the Constitution; only when it fits there agenda.  They are young, they are considered to be of 'color' and that's their ticket to continuing to transform this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They are young, they are considered to be of 'color' and that's their ticket to continuing to transform this country.
AOC is young, Kamala is not young unless it is a comparison to Biden and Pelosi.

And a whole bunch of people are finding out that in fact that is not the best qualifications to run this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington