Author Topic: National Women’s Soccer League Set to Expand, But Only to States That Allow Abortions  (Read 1775 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
National Women’s Soccer League Set to Expand, But Only to States That Allow Abortions

Warner Todd Huston 18 Jul 2022

The National Women’s Soccer League says it will not allow any new teams to form in states that place severe restrictions on abortions.

The league is set to launch two new teams bringing the number of teams to 14, but now the organization has added abortion rights as a new set of criteria to states that qualify for expansion, Newsbusters reported.

“It’s one of the things that we’re actually currently analyzing, which is looking even at our current markets to see where we have some differentiation between our values and what we stand behind relative to where we have teams located, and what are the solutions we can put in place that we feel comfortable we can commit to and execute on,” League commissioner Jessica Berman told the Washington Post. “Certainly, in the context of expansion that would be part of the analysis.”

According to the paper, twenty-one states have moved to strengthen restrictions on abortion since the U.S. Supreme Court handed down its decision striking down Roe v. Wade. While Berman didn’t specify what states were on her banned list, these 21 states seem to be candidates.

Those states include Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina.

Couple the NWSL’s move to reject states with strong abortion laws with California’s decision to ban members of state universities from traveling to states that the left-wing legislature feels are politically grotesque, and it is plain to see that the left truly is creating “two Americas.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2022/07/18/national-womens-soccer-league-set-expand-but-only-states-allow-abortions/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is this because some on the team may need an abortion at any moment.........../s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Talk about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face.  Womens' Soccer needs expansion opportunities much more than any given state needs a women's soccer team.

Offline mountaineer

There's such huge interest in professional women's soccer.
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online berdie

There's such huge interest in professional women's soccer.
 :silly:

My thought exactly. Right after I thought what shall I watch now? /s

Offline mountaineer

My thought exactly. Right after I thought what shall I watch now? /s
ESPN is so pathetic, they've been showing cornhole tournaments. Perhaps they'll preempt professional tiddlywinks for a soccer game.

Online goatprairie

Oh gosh darn...and I was so hoping they'd put a women's soccer team in my state/area.  :silly:

Online goatprairie

In one of his recent routines comedian Bill Burr said what was supposed to be unsayable....women don't watch women's sports.
The feminazis have been screeching for decades about men not wanting to watch certain women's sports, while the facts are the great majority of women are extremely indifferent about watching women's sports.
Oh sure, they'll claim to support professional leagues for women, but they won't watch them play.
They, the average female, would much rather watch cooking shows, game shows, house and garden shows, and stupid tv shows like The Bachelorette or The Kardashians.

Online corbe

They need to bring back the Lingerie-Football-League

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online goatprairie

Okay, you've found the women's sport I would watch.  At least down in my cave away from the wife's eyes.

Offline mountaineer

This average female has never watched the Kardashians or the Bachelorette. Although I played just about every sport available in my youth, my TV viewing of women's sports is pretty much limited to golf and tennis. Televised women's basketball and soccer - both among my favorite sports to play - bore me to tears.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This average female has never watched the Kardashians or the Bachelorette. Although I played just about every sport available in my youth, my TV viewing of women's sports is pretty much limited to golf and tennis. Televised women's basketball and soccer - both among my favorite sports to play - bore me to tears.
The only time I watched women's sports was when my daughter was playing fastpitch, other than her games we watched the women's national team. I never gave a dang about sports period and even now the only thing I watch is my grandson playing baseball, little league, travel ball and now it will be high school ball. I always had a problem with our women's soccer national team, they had to many arrogant egotistical anti American players, especially the Dykes(derogatory because they deserve it) and now the pros are insuring they will never get one iota of support from me.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I could get behind that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online goatprairie

The only time I watched women's sports was when my daughter was playing fastpitch, other than her games we watched the women's national team. I never gave a dang about sports period and even now the only thing I watch is my grandson playing baseball, little league, travel ball and now it will be high school ball. I always had a problem with our women's soccer national team, they had to many arrogant egotistical anti American players, especially the Dykes(derogatory because they deserve it) and now the pros are insuring they will never get one iota of support from me.
If men were honest, unless it's their own children (I'm sure yours are very attractive) males only like to watch good-looking women play sports.
Just about nobody wanted to watch Martina Navratilova play because she looked too mannish//dyke-like....because she was one.
So would males watch attractive homosexual female athletes? Don't know.

Online goatprairie

"This average female has never watched the Kardashians or the Bachelorette."

My younger brother is getting married to a woman whose favorite show is The Kardashians.
I will watch women's tennis and golf to a certain extent. But like the men, when any pro league comes out anti-American, I stop watching...male or female.
Since the St. George Floyd riots and subsequent kneeling by numerous sports leagues, I have almost totally stopped watching pro sports. I did watch the Stanley Cup.
But after many years of being a huge basketball fan I have not watched one pro game for several years now. They can all take a giant jump into the lake.

Online berdie

@mountaineer I don't watch those type of shows either. Not my cup of tea.

@goatprairie I did the same with basketball. Used to never miss a Mavs game since their inception. Went whenever I could. Nowitsky retired, so did I. He was a good guy, good player and a team player. The whole sports world, with few exceptions have gone to the hot place in a handbasket.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They may regret that when they see their tax bills. But hey... they're probably not profiting anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024