Author Topic: Summers: Fed ‘Lost Its Way’ by Talking Environment, Social Justice While Dismissing Inflation and St  (Read 548 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Summers: Fed ‘Lost Its Way’ by Talking Environment, Social Justice While Dismissing Inflation and Still Has ‘Problematic Groupthink’

Ian Hanchett 16 Jul 2022

During an interview aired on Friday’s edition of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers said that the Federal Reserve “lost its way” by talking about the environment and social justice while dismissing inflation concerns in 2021 and he doesn’t think the Federal Reserve’s problems are completely fixed because their projections still show “a degree of highly problematic groupthink.”

Summers stated, “I think in 2021, our central bank lost its way. It was talking about the environment. It was talking about social justice in a range of things. It was confidently dismissing concerns about inflation as transitory, and it made mistakes in the core functioning of a central bank, including leaning into highly expansive fiscal policies rather than accommodating them as our central bank did. So, I don’t think we were…asking too much of our central bank. But I think, in 2021, our central bank let us down quite badly. And as a consequence, they find themselves in a very, very difficult position, not least because they don’t have the credibility that they once enjoyed, given their repeated poor forecasting record.”

He continued, “And I have to say that it’s not something that’s been fully fixed. Their most recent dot plot is suggesting that unemployment would get to — get only to 4.1%, even as inflation came completely down. That seemed to me to be highly implausible. And the fact that the most pessimistic person of the 19-member Open Market Committee was saying 4.5% seemed to me to suggest a degree of highly problematic groupthink.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/16/summers-fed-lost-its-way-by-talking-environment-social-justice-while-dismissing-inflation-and-still-has-problematic-groupthink/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Example of the Social Justice crap that is included within the Fed's Mission statement, originally brought forward by guess who?  Janet Yellen.

Diversity & Inclusion
Report to the Congress on the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion
Do Business with the Board
No FEAR Act Data
Federal Reserve's Work Related to Economic Disparities

https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/diversityinclusion.htm

The Federal Reserve Act has none of this crap in it.

Conducting the nation's monetary policy by influencing money and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of full employment and stable prices.
Supervising and regulating banks and other important financial institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation's banking and financial system and to protect the credit rights of consumers.
Maintaining the stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets.
Providing certain financial services to the U.S. government, U.S. financial institutions, and foreign official institutions, and playing a major role in operating and overseeing the nation's payments systems.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/fract.htm
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

The FED lost its way by inventing new money out of thin air to protect the wealth of Goldmann Sachs executives and government politicians.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-