Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg Boasts that High Gas Prices Are Forcing Americans Towards Electric Vehicles  (Read 1216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg Boasts that High Gas Prices Are Forcing Americans Towards Electric Vehicles

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 15 Jul 2022

President Joe Biden’s Transportation Secretary, Pete Buttigieg, boasted about how high gas prices are forcing Americans towards electric vehicles during an interview on Thursday on REAL 92.3’s Big Boy TV.

Buttigieg said:

We’re for cutting the cost of electric vehicles because when you have an electric vehicle, then you’re also going to be able to save on gas, but you got to be able to afford it in the first place. Right now, we’re actually starting to see on some models the costs come to where even if your car payment’s a little higher, your gas payment will be a little lower, and you come out ahead, but the prices still need to come down for most Americans to be able to get an EV.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1547995244695654400

Buttigieg’s comments come as recent U.S. Labor Department data found the annual inflation rate rose to a massive 9.1 percent in June. In addition, Americans are paying record-high gas prices under Biden’s administration.

One day after Buttigieg’s remarks, electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla reportedly asked Texas drivers to avoid charging their vehicles for five hours out of the day due to a heatwave.

“A heat wave is expected to impact the grid in Texas over the next few days. The grid operator recommends to avoid charging during peak hours between 3pm and 8pm, if possible, to help statewide efforts to manage demand,” the Tesla alert sent to customers’ in-car screens said.

Buttigieg’s comments on Thursday are not the first time he’s promoted expensive electric vehicles as a way for American consumers to save on gas expenses. The Transportation Secretary said, “People from rural, to suburban, to urban communities can all benefit from the gas savings of driving an EV,” in March after gas prices broke a record previously set in 2008.

Buttigieg made a similar comment in November during an interview with MSNBC.

“The people who stand to benefit most from owning an EV are often rural residents, who have the longest distances to drive, they often burn the most gas,” he claimed.

Buttigieg’s statements seem to represent the Biden administration’s official position on gas prices, as other members of the administration have promoted switching to electric vehicles in the wake of skyrocketing gas prices.

Last month, Biden’s Energy Secretary, Jennifer Granholm, claimed that American gas prices are “unsustainable,” but noted that the high costs are “accelerating our progress toward clean energy.”

Granholm also said that high gas prices make a “very compelling case” to purchase electric vehicles.

“If you filled up your EV and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up by going electric rather than using gasoline but it’s a very compelling case, but again, we want to bring down the price at the point of purchase,” Granholm said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/15/pete-buttigieg-boasts-that-high-gas-prices-are-forcing-americans-towards-electric-vehicles/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Pete doesn't even take a EV around DC
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

In other words, Buttigieg is boasting that Americans' standard of living is going down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Quote from:
“The people who stand to benefit most from owning an EV are often rural residents, who have the longest distances to drive, they often burn the most gas,” he claimed.

I literally know ONE person that owns an electric car, and that one is a hybrid.

NO ONE living in the rural mountains is going to buy one of these silly go carts.

Rural people need passenger capacity, cargo capacity, and towing capacity as a matter of course. Most everyone I know has a Tahoe or a Suburban for a family sedan... That's what the old lady drives. They might own a rice grinder too (probably a subaru), for a quick sail into town without the kids to save on mileage... But if it is the whole fam damily, it is likely going to have to be the Suburban.

Electric vehicles are a pipe dream out here among the filthy rednecks. Even if they had the inclination, they wouldn't spend that kind of money.

So all buttgigger is doing is grinding salt into a wound... And making it damn hard for rural folks to make do... For their own good of course.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

We’re for cutting the cost of electric vehicles because when you have an electric vehicle, then you’re also going to be able to save on gas, but you got to be able to afford it in the first place. Right now, we’re actually starting to see on some models the costs come to where even if your car payment’s a little higher, your gas payment will be a little lower, and you come out ahead, but the prices still need to come down for most Americans to be able to get an EV.
Who's writing his material, Kommiela Harris? This is incomprehensible - and stupid!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

I was watching a video where the owner of a charging station on an interstate in the middle of no where was putting bags over the charging stations and hanging out-of-order signs on them that also said call Tesla. A customer saw him and asked why. The owner said he hasn't been paid by Tesla since November of last year and he's shutting down until he's paid.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who's writing his material, Kommiela Harris? This is incomprehensible - and stupid!
I put my money on AOC as author, and of course little Alfie E. Newman conveniently avoids talking about what happens when electricity prices go skyrocketing because the grid can't handle the extra load even if the generating capacity was there, yeah that little supply and demand thingy none of them understand. And let's not even start in on how damaging to the environment mining of those rare Earth metals needed are or that one of, if not the biggest threat to America has a strangle hold on those metals.

Offline Killer Clouds

I put my money on AOC as author, and of course little Alfie E. Newman conveniently avoids talking about what happens when electricity prices go skyrocketing because the grid can't handle the extra load even if the generating capacity was there, yeah that little supply and demand thingy none of them understand. And let's not even start in on how damaging to the environment mining of those rare Earth metals needed are or that one of, if not the biggest threat to America has a strangle hold on those metals.
Not to mention the unintended consequences in the future. They don't tell people and most people don't realize that batteries have a life cycle. Every time a battery is discharged and charged again it loses some of it's capacity and longevity. Replacing those batteries is very expensive. Disposing of those batteries is also bad for the environment. Again they aren't being honest how the electricity is being generated to charge these cars. A person was charging his EV and was complaining about smelling diesel fumes. The idiot did realize it was the fumes from the diesel generator making the electricity to charge his car. Where do these idiots think the electricity comes from?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's a regime talking point:

Granholm also said that high gas prices make a “very compelling case” to purchase electric vehicles.

“If you filled up your EV and you filled up your gas tank with gasoline, you would save $60 per fill-up by going electric rather than using gasoline but it’s a very compelling case, but again, we want to bring down the price at the point of purchase,” Granholm said.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

In other words, Buttigieg is boasting that Americans' standard of living is going down.
Same things they desire on so many things, from making beef astronomical in price so we cannot buy it, to freon so we cannot afford to cool our house, to as many items to limit our choices to only ones the elitists want us to have - like renting apartments, eating seaweed/algae and traveling by mass transit.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:50:30 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
well, now, let's do some math:

I own, free and clear, a 20th century Suburban (among other vehicles).

It gets 17.5 MPH on the highway, less in town or in 4WD.

Let's ballpark a less capable electric vehicle, even for summertime use (no blizzards, no snowdrifts, no subzero weather to compensate for) and run it with the windows down, like the Suburban in the summertime at roughly $30,000.

With $5 gas, $25,000 would buy enough gas for my existing suburban to go 87,500 miles. I'd hold off on the remaining $5,000 for tires, oil changes, filters, lube, and parts.

I could take my existing vehicle past the quarter million mile mark with what it would cost just to buy the electric, not to mention the expense of having to install a charging station at my home that would reach out to the street (Sorry, the garage is for motorcycles) nor the electricity to feed it, which is getting less cheap in this neck of the woods.

So, no deal. Andi if and when it gives up the ghost in a way I decide it isn't worth the expense of repairing it, the suburban is recyclable...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 12:03:08 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,since that WAS a part of the plan from the beginning,Buttgig didn't have to be all THAT clever to have figured it out.

Maybe we should start calling him "Captain Obvious"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I literally know ONE person that owns an electric car, and that one is a hybrid.

NO ONE living in the rural mountains is going to buy one of these silly go carts.

Rural people need passenger capacity, cargo capacity, and towing capacity as a matter of course. Most everyone I know has a Tahoe or a Suburban for a family sedan... That's what the old lady drives. They might own a rice grinder too (probably a subaru), for a quick sail into town without the kids to save on mileage... But if it is the whole fam damily, it is likely going to have to be the Suburban.

Electric vehicles are a pipe dream out here among the filthy rednecks. Even if they had the inclination, they wouldn't spend that kind of money.

So all buttgigger is doing is grinding salt into a wound... And making it damn hard for rural folks to make do... For their own good of course.  *****rollingeyes*****

@roamer-1

Or the rural flatlands,either. Who the hell needs or wants a car that has to recharge for 24 hours before you can drive back to town again if you forgot something,or something else came up?

I just bought a new 4 cylinder Toyota Camry a couple of weeks ago,to help take some of the unnecessary driving off my 3/4 ton extended cab 4x4 GMC diesel pu.

Besides the fact that this truck is for all practical purposes irreplaceable to me (can't afford a new equivalent,and truth to tell,wouldn't spend that much money on a truck even if I had it to spend),thanks to Slow Joe for the first time in history diesel fuel is actually a lot more expensive than gasoline. A side bonus to saving wear and tear on my diesel pu,the Camry gets a steady 38-40 mph of gas,and thanks to the 8 speed auto trans and the magic that happens thanks to gearing,that little 200 hp engine turns into a rocket ship when you punch it.

BTW,for those of you who don't know,diesel fuel is a byproduct of gasoline manufacturing. That is why it was only 16-18 cents a gallon when gasoline was 31 cents a gallon.

Think about THAT one for a minute. Diesel was roughly HALF the price of gasoline at a time when nobody BUT long-distance haulers was buying it.  Gasoline must have outsold diesel fuel by a margin of 100 to 1,or even higher.

If you think that makes sense,stop and think about the law of "supply and demand" for a minute.

Would someone like to give me a non-political reason why diesel fuel is MORE expensive than even premium gasoline these days?

The PRIME reason is that damn near everything we consume is at some point in the process,delivered to us by a vehicle that burns diesel fuel. In other words,it is now higher because the Dims are determined to destroy our economy and force everyone to move into apartment blocks in the cities so it is easier to keep an eye on us and control us.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 12:28:09 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

well, now, let's do some math:

.  .  .  I could take my existing vehicle past the quarter million mile mark with what it would cost just to buy the electric, not to mention the expense of having to install a charging station at my home that would reach out to the street (Sorry, the garage is for motorcycles) nor the electricity to feed it, which is getting less cheap in this neck of the woods.

This isn't about what works best for you.  It's about what works best for government fascists.  The success of capitalism is derived from the individual working in his/her best interest.  The current regime wants to destroy that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

@roamer-1

Or the rural flatlands,either. Who the hell needs or wants a car that has to recharge for 24 hours before you can drive back to town again if you forgot something,or something else came up?

That's right...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I don't like the electric buttslide stooge.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
 Re: Pete Buttigieg Boasts that High Gas Prices Are Forcing Americans Towards Electric Vehicles

Pete Buttigieg Boasts that brutal stalinist radical muslim type oppression by an oppressive government makes High Gas Prices  Forced on Americans Towards Electric Vehicles, possible.
It didn't matter democrats installed czars in our government either, stooges?
 twilight zonexxxx :media: :reaper:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions