Author Topic: Jan. 6 committee schedules prime-time hearing on Trump’s inaction during attack  (Read 918 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Jan. 6 committee schedules prime-time hearing on Trump’s inaction during attack
by Rebecca Beitsch - 07/15/22 4:32 PM ET

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 attack will hold what could be its final public hearing of the summer during prime time on Thursday, examining former President Trump’s three hours of inaction during the insurrection.

A notice from the panel does not formally announce any witnesses, but the hearing will kick off at 8 p.m. and review the 187 minutes between Trump leaving his “Stop the Steal” rally that day and his finally issuing a statement asking supporters who ransacking the Capitol to go home.

“We’ll talk about what was going on in the White House while the Capitol was being overrun, and basically we will show what the president — as best we can put together — was doing all that time. Or not doing,” Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) told reporters Wednesday.

The hearing comes after the committee finally scored a formal deposition with former White House counsel Pat Cipollone earlier this month following a subpoena. Cipollone was one of the few people to speak with Trump that day, and video snippets of his conversation with the committee’s investigators appeared extensively in its seventh public hearing this week.

While Thursday’s hearing caps the themes the committee laid out in its first, Thompson has not ruled out the possibility of additional hearings.

“I’m hoping it is [the last],” he said. “But you know, something could come up.”

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1547961402911969281
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Now they're saying he's guilty because he didn't do anything?

Online corbe

18 Months He's been out of Office and they still think they can become his Kryptonite through their fake hearings and media assault.

Do we really need 4 more years of this BS and their TDS?

Find a Better Messenger, GOP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Now they're saying he's guilty because he didn't do anything?

Exactly. Which is it? Did he incite the riot, or did he do nothing to stop it?

This is the stock and trade liberal lawyer doublespeak trying to entrap someone as damned no matter what they did.

Problem is that crap doesn't play well with the average person.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Prime time. I am appalled and disgusted.  This is much worse than all the Russian collusion b.s. and I believe it will be much more detrimental.  As far as I know there hasn't been any cross examination of the testimony being given and I don't doubt that many are believing that those testifying are telling the truth!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Prime time. I am appalled and disgusted.  This is much worse than all the Russian collusion b.s. and I believe it will be much more detrimental.  As far as I know there hasn't been any cross examination of the testimony being given and I don't doubt that many are believing that those testifying are telling the truth!

This whole thing is sloppy and contrived, it reeks of the gotcha politics of trying to destroy political opponents.

It might be too smart by half. I could see this boomeranging into sympathy for the Dems' targets, and the Dems looking like some comic book villain from Gotham City. People don't generally like setups that reek of agendas of politicians, lawyers and bureaucrats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think they are HUGELY screwing up if they do this. There is no way they can try to pull this off and NOT look like fools who are lying and producing fake evidence.

ESPECIALLY if Trump's lawyers demand equal air time to dispute the charges.

Not that shy,retiring man like Trump would ever dream of doing such a thing,of course.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!