Author Topic: ‘What Planet Am I On?’: Stumbling Across The ‘Protect Trans Youth’ Booth In My Small Town  (Read 169 times)

Online Kamaji

‘What Planet Am I On?’: Stumbling Across The ‘Protect Trans Youth’ Booth In My Small Town

The widespread embrace of force-feeding children gay and trans propaganda as early as elementary school is otherworldly.

BY: MATT KEENER
JULY 15, 2022

There is a scene from the original Star Wars where Luke Skywalker stumbles into a cantina on the planet Tatooine with Obi-Wan Kenobi and C-3PO. With carnival-sounding music playing in the background, one of the bar patrons resembles lucifer — with horns on his head. Another one looks sort of reptilian.

As Skywalker scans the room in awe of all the different shaped and sized alien life forms he finds crammed into one bar, it is clear that he is very out of place. Sometimes I picture that scene as the future radical leftists want for our kids. Sometimes it feels like I stumbled into that bar.

Over the Fourth of July weekend, like a typical American family, some family members of mine celebrated with bonfires, cookouts, and fireworks. One of the sons — 15 years old — asked to have a sleepover. It does not get much better than that at 15 years old in the summertime.

Shortly after midnight, the parents at the party began the tedious task of navigating through the conversation with one of the partygoers who is “transitioning.”

A 15-year-old girl who identifies as a male said she too wanted to spend the night with the rest of the boys at the party. The child sports a buzz cut — although it was coupled with high heels at the party.

Her mother, while supportive, still refers to her by her female name.

“The father is not much in the picture, I don’t think,” said the dad hosting the party.

“Of course not,” I responded.

A few weeks prior, I had walked through the farmer’s market/pizza palooza event in my hometown in the middle of June — dog on one arm, fruit and today’s breakfast in the other.

As I passed through the picturesque square and gazebo where the farmer’s market takes place, I was taken aback by one of the booths. Not by the rainbow colors that adorned this particular tent, which has become relatively commonplace, but by the “protect trans youth” signs that were being passed out.

I do not know how in 2022 the idea that children or teens should not make decisions with regards to “altering” their gender, reproductive organs, or genitalia became remotely controversial, but it has. And the bulk of people remain silent out of fear of being labeled bigots.

The leap we have made since I went to high school in the late ’90s and early 2000s — when it seemed easy to conclude that someone like Matthew Shepard in no way deserved to die for what was ostensibly his sexual preference — to present day, force-feeding children gay and trans propaganda 20 years later in elementary schools, is extraplanetary.

As a society, we do not let these children drive, vote, get married, drink alcohol, or buy a gun, but they are ready to make permanent alterations to their development or mutilate their genitals?

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/15/what-planet-am-i-on-stumbling-across-the-protect-trans-youth-booth-in-my-small-town/