Author Topic: Study: Unreliable Energy is Destabilizing Texas Power Grid  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Study: Unreliable Energy is Destabilizing Texas Power Grid
« on: July 15, 2022, 01:13:39 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Sydnie Henry   July 14, 2022

“The greatest danger that the Texas grid faces now is the political establishment’s unwillingness to challenge the push for subsidies by generators and the renewable energy industry.”

As Texans were once again warned to conserve electricity this week, The Energy Alliance released a new study detailing the “decline and fall of reliability, affordability, and competition in ERCOT.”

The Energy Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) oversees the state power grid and is responsible for providing power to more than 26 million Texans.

Since the advent of the “environmentally friendly” renewable energy industry, millions of dollars in taxpayer money have been poured into subsidies for green energy—which cannot compete in a free market without those subsidies.

Meanwhile, as the Texas grid relies more on renewable energy—up to 25 percent of the grid capacity—the reliability of the grid becomes shakier, especially as severe weather events impact those renewable energy sources like solar panels and wind turbines.

“The greatest danger that the Texas grid faces now is the political establishment’s continued unwillingness to challenge the environmental left’s and energy industry’s push for subsidies,” said Bill Peacock, policy director for The Energy Alliance.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/study-unreliable-energy-is-destabilizing-texas-power-grid/

Offline MajorClay

Re: Study: Unreliable Energy is Destabilizing Texas Power Grid
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 05:33:36 pm »
Bump

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 07:09:43 pm »
Along with aging infrastructure, increased population and the environmentalists...the crypto mining companies are causing a huge strain on the grid. Or so I read.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 08:37:01 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 01:39:19 pm »
Through 2019, $19.4 billion in wasted taxpayer funds and subsidies to provide Texas an unreliable supply of wind energy.

https://texasscorecard.com/commentary/peacock-renewable-energy-failed-to-keep-the-lights-on-for-texans/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington